牛津中小学英语网

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

英语小故事收集

keisha1216 2011-6-10 19:05 [复制链接]
The Fox and the Tiger(狐狸和老虎)

An Archer, hunting in the woods, was so successful with his arrows that he killed many of the wild animals. This frightened the rest so much that they ran into the densest part of the bushes to hide. At last the Tiger stood up, and pretending to be very brave, told the other animals not to be afraid anymore, but to rely on his courage, and he would attack the enemy on his own. While he was talking, and lashing his tail and tearing at the ground with his claws to impress the others, an arrow came and pierced his ribs. The Tiger howled with pain.

While he was trying to draw out the arrow with his teeth the Fox went up to him and asked, in surprise, whoever had the strength and courage to wound such a brave and mighty beast as the Tiger?

"Nay," said the Tiger, "I misjudged my enemy. It was that unbeatable man over there!"

MORAL: Knowledge is power.

狐狸和老虎

一个射手正在森林里打猎。他的箭法好极了,射死了许多野兽。这可大大地吓坏了余下的动物,它们都跑到最茂盛的灌木丛中躲藏起来。最后,老虎站了起来,装着非常勇敢的样子叫其余的动物相信它的勇敢,不必再害怕。它将独个儿向敌人进攻。它一边说着,一边甩动着它的尾巴,并用它的爪子刨着地上的泥土,想使别人更信任它。就在这时,一枝箭飞来,刺穿了他的肋骨,老虎顿时痛得吼叫起来。

正当它尽力用牙齿拔出身上的箭时,狐狸走上前来吃惊地问道:“谁能有这样的力气和胆量来伤害象老虎这样勇敢而强有力的野兽呢?”

“不,”老虎说,“我错误地判断了我的敌人,是那边那个不可战胜的人打败了我。”

monkey and the moon 猴子和月亮

One day,a little monkey is playing by the well.

一天,有只小猴子在井边玩儿。

He looks in the well and shouts :

它往井里一瞧,高喊道:

“Oh!My god!The moon has fallen into the well!”

“噢!我的天!月亮掉到井里头啦!”

An older monkeys runs over, takes a look,and says,

一只大猴子跑来一看,说,

“Goodness me!The moon is really in the water!”

“糟啦!月亮掉在井里头啦!”

And olderly monkey comes over.

老猴子也跑过来。

He is very surprised as well and cries out:

他也非常惊奇,喊道:

“The moon is in the well.”

“糟了,月亮掉在井里头了!”

A group of monkeys run over to the well .

一群猴子跑到井边来,

They look at the moon in the well and shout:

他们看到井里的月亮,喊道:

“The moon did fall into the well!Come on!Let’get it out!”

“月亮掉在井里头啦!快来!让我们把它捞起来!”

Then,the oldest monkey hangs on the tree up side down ,with his feet on the branch .

然后,老猴子倒挂在大树上,

And he pulls the next monkey’s feet with his hands.

拉住大猴子的脚,

All the other monkeys follow his suit,

其他的猴子一个个跟着,

And they join each other one by one down to the moon in the well.

它们一只连着一只直到井里。

Just before they reach the moon,the oldest monkey raises his head and happens to see the moon in the sky,

正好他们摸到月亮的时候,老猴子抬头发现月亮挂在天上呢

He yells excitedly “Don’t be so foolish!The moon is still in the sky!”

它兴奋地大叫:“别蠢了!月亮还好好地挂在天上呢!”

一口废井里住着一只青蛙。有一天,青蛙在井边碰上了一只从海里来的大龟。

青蛙就对海龟夸口说:

“你看,我住在这里多快乐!有时高兴了,就在井栏边跳跃一阵;疲倦了,就回到井

里,睡在砖洞边一回。或者只留出头和嘴巴,安安静静地把全身泡在水里:或者在软绵绵的

泥浆里散一回步,也很舒适。看看那些虾和蝌虾,谁也此不上我。而且,我是这个井里的主

人,在这井里极自由自在,你为什么不常到井里来游赏呢!”

那海龟听了青蛙的话,倒真想进去看看。但它的左脚还没有整个伸进去,右脚就已经绊

住了。它连忙后退了两步,把大海的情形告诉青蛙说:

“你看过海吗?海的广大,哪止千里;海的深度,哪只千来丈。古时候,十年有九年大

水,海里的水,并不涨了多少;后来,八年里有七年大旱,海里的水,也不见得浅了多少。

可见大海是不受旱涝影响的。住在那样的大海里,才是真的快乐呢!”

井蛙听了海龟的一番话,吃惊地呆在那里,再没有话可说了。

Have you not heard of the frog that lived in a shallow well? It said to a turtle that lived in the East Sea, "I am so happy! When I go out, I jump about on the railing beside the mouth of the well. When I come home,I rest in the holes on the broken wall of the well. If I jump into the water, it comes up to my armpits and holds up my cheeks. If I walk in the mud, it covers up my feet. I look around at the wriggly worms, crabs and tadpoles, and none of them can compare with me. Moreover, I am lord of this trough of water and I stand up tall in this shallow well. My happiness is full. My dear sir, why don't you come often and look around my place?"

Before the turtle from the East Sea could get its left foot in the well, its right knee got stuck. It hesitated and retreated. The turtle told the frog about the East Sea.

"Even a distance of a thousand li cannot give you an idea of the sea's width; even a height of a thousand ren cannot give you an idea of its depth. In the time of King Yu of the Xia dynasty, there were floods nine years out of ten, but the waters in the sea did not increase. ln the time of King Tang of the Shang dynasty there were droughts seven years out of eight, but the waters in the sea did not decrease. The sea does not change along with the passage of time and its level does not rise or fall according to the amount of rain that falls. The greatest happiness is to live in the East Sea."

After listening to these words, the frog of the shallow well was shocked into realization of his own insignificance and became very ill at ease.

狐狸和乌鸦

The Fox and the Crow

A Fox once saw a Crow fly off with a piece of cheese in its

beak and settle on a branch of a tree.

"That's for me, as I am a

Fox," said Master Reynard, and he walked up to the foot of the

tree.

"Good-day, Mistress Crow," he cried.

"How well you are

looking to-day: how glossy your feathers; how bright your eye.

I feel sure your voice must surpass that of other birds, just as

your figure does; let me hear but one song from you that I may

greet you as the Queen of Birds."

The Crow lifted up her head and

began to caw her best, but the moment she opened her mouth the

piece of cheese fell to the ground, only to be snapped up by

Master Fox.

"That will do," said he.

"That was all I wanted.

In exchange for your cheese I will give you a piece of advice for the future

"Do not trust flatterers."

狐狸和山羊

The Fox and the Goat

One day a fox fell into a well. He tried to get out of it, but he couldn’t. Just then a goat came to the well. She wanted to drink some water. She looked down into the well and saw a fox there. The goat said to the fox, “Is the water good?” “Yes, I will,” said the goat, “for I’m very thirsty.” The goat jumped into the well and drank much water as she liked. After a while the goat said to the fox, “How can we get out of this well?” The fox said, “Well! Stand on your hind legs and put your forefeet on the wall. Then I will climb upon your back and get out. After that I will help you out.” “Oh, it’s a fine idea,” said the goat. And the fox got upon her back and jumped out of the well. “Now help me out, please!” said the goat. “You foolish fellow!” said the fox. “Why didn’t you think of how to get out, before you jumped in?” So saying, he ran away

狼和小羊

The Wolf and the Lamb

Once upon a time a wolf was drinking water at a brook on a hillside. When he looked up, he saw a little lamb beginning to drink water a little down. The wolf wanted to eat the lamb. He thought he could catch the lamb by a trick. He said to the lamb. “You are making the water dirty, and I cannot drink it.” The lamb said, “Am I making the water dirty? That is impossible. You see, you are higher up than I. The water runs down from you to me, so I cannot make it dirty." " Well, then," said the wolf, " for I was  born this year." " I don’ t care,"  cried the wolf." If it was not you, it was probably your father."  Then the wolf could say no more, and went away.
最新评论 | 正序浏览
发表于 2011-6-10 19:06:34
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
发表于 2011-6-14 09:07:24
天哪,千万别算俺啊
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
发表于 2011-6-14 19:12:07
不错 谢谢了{:1_30:}
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
发表于 2011-6-21 08:26:39
谢谢分享~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对