牛津中小学英语网

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

8B Unit5Reading1课时练习

女人三十 2011-5-21 23:51 [复制链接]
一、学习要求:
词汇  affect  mostly  case  cure  medical  treatment operate  operation  patient indeed proud  treat  illness  repair   medicine   rich
词组  afford to,   80 per cent of the cases of blindness,  medical treatment,  perform operations, use the plane as a teaching centre, watch the operations on video,pocket money, be used to , used to , health care , too…to , next to , World Vision , World Wide Fund for Nature,
hope to help more people, be grateful to sb., carry on with
句型  People must be really grateful to you!
I’m proud that I can help so many people.
Do you know where it is?
Don’t tell him I’m in the shower.
Amy said some doctors work for 72 hours without sleep.
You can help by making a donation or doing some voluntary work.
I used to spend all my pocket money on clothes and snacks.
What do you think about UNICEF?
Many of our patients are so poor that they can’t afford to travel to hospital.
Dr Ma has done such an important job that people must be really grateful to him.
二、预习反馈:
预习课本第78-81页并完成相关练习
三、随堂练习
(一)Detailed reading
Line (1—7): “True” or “False”
1.About 45 million people have heart problems.
2. All of the cases of blindness can be cured or  prevented.
3. Many people have no money for medical treatment.
Line (8—25): choose the right words to fill in the blanks
ORBIS uses a flying eye ________ (bus, train, plane) to work. It visits _______ (poor, rich, big) countries .
On the plane, _________ (volunteer, kind, careless) doctors perform operations. The plane is also used as a ______ (shopping, teaching, health-care) centre.
Many patients are so poor that they can’t afford to go to _______ (cinema, hospital, bank). ORBIS doctors teach local doctors and nurses new skills. The local doctors and nurses can also watch the _______ (films, operations, news) on video.
Line (26—38): answer the following questions
1. How do people feel about ORBIS treatments?
2. What does ORBIS need to carry on with their work?
3.How can people support ORBIS work?
(二)、根据首字母提示,完成下列句子。
1. The old man felt very p______ of her son because he won the first  prize.
2. I was g________ to John for bringing the books to me.
3. There are so many p________    in the hospital because of the cold  weather.
4. You should work hard to i_________    your study.
5. Blindness a_________  about 45 million people all over the world.
6. I don’t have any p________ money with me.
7. By t________ local doctors and nurses ,ORBIS hopes to help more people.
8. Alan is a m_________ student, he knows much about m_______ and human body.
9. The good news is that most c_____of blindness can be c_____ or p____.
10. The doctor will perform an o_______ on the man.
11. It’s expensive to go to Australia by plane, I can’t a_______ it.
12.ORBIS uses a f          eye hospital to visit poor countries.
四、巩固提高
(一)、词汇
1. We hope people will s_____________ our work by sending d_____________to ORBIS.
2. The good news is that 80 percent of the           (病例) of blindness can be cured.
3. Many p          have no money to see the doctor.
4. By           (训练)local doctors and nurses, we can help more people.
5. The sick in poor areas in my country don’t have to pay for m__________  t         .
6.Blindness a_________ about 45 million people around the world.
7. Many           (voluntary) work for the people who are disabled in the world.
8. The student is            (pride) of his school because his school is the best in the town.
9. Look at that tall building, we use it as a _______________ (teach) centre.
10. We should help all children to get an             (educate) at school.
11.The old man is really       (grate) to the policeman for_______ (save) him out of the fire..
12.The           (ill) affects about 45 million people around the world,         (most) in the countries.
(二)、根据课文内容填空。
Blindness affects about 45 million people around the world, m_____ in poor countries. In fact, about 80 per cent of the cases of blindness can be c_____ or p_____. However, many people don’t have e_____ money for m_____ t_____.
ORBIS is a c_____ that helps the poor with e_____ problems. It uses a f_____ eye hospital to visit poor countries. On the plane, v_____ doctors p_____ o_____. They also use the plane as a t_____ c_____.
The doctors don’t work in a hospital but on a plane, because many of their p_____ are so p_____ that they don’t have the money to t_____ to hospital. So the ORBIS doctors have to go to them. They also t_____ the l_____ doctors and nurses new s_____ and k_____ .They hope to help more people by t_____ them.
Dr. Ma is a doctor on the ORBIS plane. He o_____ on 150 patients on the plane during his last v_____ . It’s hard work but he is used to it now. Of course, many people are very g_____ to him because he has helped them see again. He believes that m_____ m_____ can be useful to the cases of blindness. All they need is e_____ money to c_____ on with their work. So he hopes that more and more people will support their by sending donations to ORBIS.

评分

查看全部评分

最新评论 | 正序浏览
发表于 2011-7-15 17:28:29
好好好好好好好好
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表