牛津中小学英语网

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

英语说课稿

sylj 2011-5-19 09:23 [复制链接]
Instructional Design for teaching

Hello, teachers. I’m Song Shuiming come from Hengjing Central Primary School. It’s my pleasure to be here. Today, I’m going to talk about Unit 6, Oxford Primary English, Book 6B Planning for the weekend. I’ll finish this unit in 5 periods. I will teach Part A as the 1st period.

The contest focuses on the planning for the weekend. The Ss are required to master the simple future tense “be going to” to talk about what they are going to do in the future. The kids have accumulated many words and phrases about their daily activities. They can talk about their weekends use the structures “How do you spend your weekends?” “I often…” , “What do you usually do at the weekends?” “I usually…” freely.

According to the analysis of the teaching materials and the Ss, the teaching objectives can be divided in three parts.
1.        Knowledge Aims:
a. Enable the Ss to master the words and phrases: plan, have school, concert, Beijing Opera, by the way
   b. Enable the Ss to use the sentence patens to talk about their plans for the weekends, or even in their daily life.  “What are you going to do?” “We’re going to…”
2.        Ability Aims:
a. Enable the Ss to study in group and cooperate with others.
b. Develop the Ss’ innovation and practice ability.
c. Develop the Ss’ ability of communication by learning the useful structures
d. Train their ability of making a call in English.
3.        Emotion Aims:
a. Enable the Ss aware the importance of the time and arrange their daily life correctly.
b. Enable the Ss to be polite and love their lives.

The key points are words and phrases: plan, have school… And can read and understand the passage of Part A.
The different point is how to use the structures “What are you going to do?” “We’re going to …” to talk about their plans in the future correctly and freely.

Teaching methods
Our teaching should be able to develop as much as possible children’s different potentials in their intelligences giving everyone the chance to demonstrate and use their potentials to fullest.
So there should not be fixed teaching approaches for particular class. No matter what teaching approaches I apply, I think the Ss must play the principle role in each class. That is student-centered teaching. And also task-based learning and activity-based teaching which includes individual work, pair work, group work and class work.

Teaching aids
The CAI, word cards and pictures will be used.
Teaching procedures
I’ll finish this lesson in 5 steps. Before class, I’ll divide the Ss into 8 groups.

Step 1: Free talk and review
I will start with the structures “What do you usually do at the weekends?” “What did you do last weekend?” After asking 2 or 3 Ss, a competition will be arranged here. The Ss will discuss the phrases about their activities they’ve learnt in groups and write them down. I’ll give them 1 minute to finish the task and then give a report one by one. At last I’ll give the winner group some gifts (Some tickets of a concert). Those are prepared for the following steps.
The goal of this game is not only to rise their consciousness of competition, but also to review these phrases and help them talking about their plans for the weekends freely.

Step 2: Presentation
① Present the key words and phrases of Part A: by the way, at the concert, see a Beijing opera
   I’ll present the word “by the way” through talking about playing basketball and Yao Ming. Show the picture of Lang Lang and Mei lanfang to learn “at the concert” and “see a Beijing opera”. I’ll pay attention to the lead the Ss to read the new words correctly. For example: “way” compared with “away”, “opera” and “open”. The letters “er” in “concert” pronounces /e:/.
② Create a situation of a telephone call.
   I will call a friend and review how to make a phone call in English together with the Ss. And lead out the topic normally, plans for the weekend. Pay attention to the pronunciation of “plan”. Compare with “lantern”. And change “plan” into “planning” in the title.
③ Present the key structures: “What are you going to do at the weekend?” “I’m / We’re going to… ” I’ll set an example with a student, and then ask the Ss to work in pairs and report.
④ After the Ss grasp the structures. I’ll raise a question “What will Gao Shan and David do?” And then let the Ss to listen, read and understand the passage one by one.
   While learning the background, I’ll give them some questions before listening. Then answer the questions one by one and master the phrase “have school”.
   While learning section 1, we’ll do listen and judge, and understand the contest correctly.
   In section 2, we’ll do listen and match.

Step 3: Consolidation
Firstly, ask the Ss to read the passage together and finish the exercises in P47.
Then, I’ll give more exercises to improve their abilities of writing, speaking and understanding.
The exercises will be:
① Translate the key phrases
② Fill the blanks according to Part A
③ Change the sentences about simple future tense
④ As the Ss of G6, a reading comprehension in scheduled here, about plans for the weekend. And each group will finish their group plans for the weekend.

Step 4: Homework
① Read and try to retell Part A
② Copt the key words
③ Write their own study plans
That is to make them aware the importance of the time and arrange their daily life well.

BW:               unit 6 Planning for the weekend
  By the way
At the concert               What are you going to do …?
See a Beijing opera           I’m/ We’re going to ….
Have school

That’s all. Thanks for listening.
最新评论 | 正序浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表