牛津中小学英语网

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

南菁中学二模试卷(选择题)

xiaoziye 2011-2-13 16:36 [复制链接]
一、单项填空         在A、B、C、D四个选项中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。(本大题共15分,每小题1分)
1.        This is _______ important book. It helped me a lot in ________ old days.
A. a; an                                B. an; the                                C. the; an                                D. /; the
2.        ---Amy had nothing for breakfast, _________ she?
---_______. She had some bread and milk.
A. had; Yes                        B. had: No                        C. did; Yes                        D. did; No
3.        --- Is Li Ming in the classroom?
--- No, he        there. I saw him in the reading room just now.
        A. can’t be                        B. mustn’t be                        C. needn’t be                        D. is
4.        The more books you read, the ______ you will feel.
    A. more exciting            B. more excited             C. exciting                D. excited
5.        ______ of that country _______ by snow.
    A. Second thirds; is covered                         B. Two thirds; is covered
    C. Two thirds; are covered                          D. Two third; covers
6.        It’s _________ hard problem for the twins that ________ of them can work it out .
    A. so, neither                        B. such a, none                C. so a, neither                D. such a, neither
7.        Of the two coats, she’d like to choose the ________ one to save money for a book.
   A. cheapest                        B. cheaper                  C. more expensive            D. most expensive
8.        I like skiing better than climbing because I think climbing is ____________skiing.
A. more exciting than                                  B. not as more exciting as
C. not as most exciting as                              D. less exciting than
9.        --- What did he say?        --- He asked          .
    A. if did your uncle catch the “bird flu” virus
    B. who has been sent up into space in “Shenzhou-VI”
C. when Zhalong Nature Reserve became one of the world’s important wetlands
D. that the 2008 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing
10.        I       out of the window and       the police       after the suspect.
    A. looked, watched, run                                                B. looked, saw, running
    C. watched, saw, run                            D. saw, watched, running
11.        I will not go to the cinema with you because my homework ________. You’d better ask Daniel instead.
A. is finished                                                                B. has finished                       
C. hasn’t finished                                                   D. hasn’t been finished
12.        Which of the following is not used for giving advice?
A. You had better not watch a horror film since you get scared easily.
B. Why not buy some souvenirs for your parents?
C. The swimming pool isn’t open today. I don’t know where to go swimming.
D. Perhaps you should not give your goldfish too much food.
13.        ---______ wonderful music!   ---Yes, it’s written by Jay Chou, a pop singer.
A. What                  B. What a                C. How                   D. How a
14.        Look at the beautiful woman, she teaches _____ English very well. She always makes her English classes ________.
A. our; interesting          B. we; exciting            C. us; lively       D. ours; surprising
15.        --- What did he _______ just now?
---Sorry, I didn’t catch his words. I ¬¬¬¬_______ about something else.
A. speak; am thinking                                      B. talk; thought   
C. say; was thinking                                       D. tell; have thought
最新评论 | 正序浏览
发表于 2011-2-13 16:37:50
二、完形填空        先通读下面的短文,掌握其大意, 然后从下面四个答案中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。(本大题共10分,每小题1分)
A folk tale is a very old story that has been passed down from one family to   (16)  , from one generation to another. These old stories are often called fairy stories because so many of them are about   (17)  . Every country has its own folk tales and its own   (18)   of telling fairy stories.
In Germany, there lived two brothers, the Grimm brothers. They   (19)   folk tales. These stories are known   (20)   “Grimm’s Fairy Tales”.
Many of the tales told about the countries near Germany   (21)   they lived. Some of them were partly   (22)  .
The Grimm brothers did not   (23)   write the stories for boys and girls. They planned them only for older people living in Germany.   (24)   when the children heard the stories, they wanted to hear them again and again.
Although all of this happened long long ago, boys and girls everywhere still read and
  (25)   Grimm's tales.
16.        A. other                                B. the other                        C. others                                D. another
17.        A. children                     B. girls                              C. fairies                       D. Grimm
18.        A. way                        B. place                      C. custom                      D. time
19.        A. wrote                       B. collected                   C. read                        D. invented
20.        A. in                          B. like                       C. as                          D. for
21.        A. where                       B. when                             C. as                           D. because
22.        A. wrong                       B. true                              C. interesting                    D. good
23.        A. quickly                      B. easily                            C. really                        D. regularly
24.        A. So                          B. But                             C. and                          D. Generally
25.        A. enjoy                       B. write                            C. tell                          D. keep
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
发表于 2011-2-13 16:38:14
三、阅读理解        阅读下面的短文,然后根据短文内容选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。(本大题共30分,每小题2分)
A
When I was twelve years old, my family were the first black people to move into an all white part of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Many of our new neighbors weren’t very welcoming. Some of them said angrily that we should return to the place where we came from. The children sometimes threw stones at me or drove me home from school.
Most of my teachers simply took no notice of me, but not Dorothy Bean, my history teacher. Miss Bean was angry at how badly I was being treated, but she didn’t say this to me. Miss Bean showed her respect for me by teaching me just like anyone else. Instead of being unnoticed, I was given a chance to show that I was clever. Miss Bean was the first teacher who ever made me think for myself. She always wanted to know what I thought about difficult questions. Was Thomas Jefferson right to buy Louisiana from France? Why? She expected me to have my own idea. Miss Bean was teaching me that thinking for oneself was the real key to education.
One day, when I was not paying attention in class, Miss Bean suddenly threw an eraser at me. The eraser hit me right on the hand and sent my pencil flying. The whole class were very surprised at first, then started laughing. This event became famous in the school, because it happened to me, the students wanted to get to know me. So that’s the story of how Dorothy Bean made me her target(靶子), and how I became just another kid in school.
26.        From the end of the first paragraph we know that ________.
A. children are more friendly to strangers
B. American schools are not safe for kids
C. children often follow their parents’ behavior
D. fighting each other is part of children’s nature
27.        At school most of his teachers ______ the writer.
A. were cold to                B. liked                                 C. threw things at      D. got angry with
28.        To Miss Bean the most important thing for a student is to ________.
A. pay close attention to what the teacher says
B. learn to think and have one’s own idea
C. keep silent and unnoticed in class
D. get special attention from the teacher
B
Art of sushi making
Bei Restaurant at the Opposite House offers the last sushi preparation class by Max Levy, a New Orleans-born New Yorker, who learned the art of sushi making from masters in Japan. Classes are arranged at 11:30 am on Dec 2 or 5. Cost is 388 yuan per person, including materials and use of materials.
010-6410-5230        Festive buffet
CBD restaurant at Grand Millennium Beijing offers a festive buffet(自助餐), featuring roast turkey, until Dec 30. Turkey will be matched with stuffing, cranberry sauce, bread and butter pudding, honey-glazed ham, brandy fruit cakes, and existing gourmet buffet selections.
010-6530-9383
Christmas dinner party
Beijing Minzu Hotel prepares a dinner party on Christmas Eve. There will be song-and-dance performances, with famous French wines and exciting prizes to win. Cost is 1,680-2,580 yuan per person. 6-10 pm, Dec 24, 1/F, Coffee Mill, Four Seasons Restaurant, 2/F Jin Xiu Palace, and 11/F East Hall and West Hall.
010-6601-4466 ext 162        Christmas shopping
Get a gift idea at the Peninsula Beijing, where there is a wide range of offerings, or shop in style at The Peninsula Arcade, for fashion, jewelry, leather and other gifts. Or try online shopping at peninsula.com. The Peninsula Boutique is open daily from 11 am-9:30 pm.
010-8516-2888 ext 6691
29.        Many customers are attracted to Bei Restaurant for its ____________.
A. brandy fruit cakes                                          B. song-and-dance performances
C. jewelry and leather                                         D. art of sushi making
30.        If you want to buy some Christmas gifts for your friends, you’d better go to
____________.
A. Beijing Minzu Hotel                                         B. Grand Millennium Beijing
C. The Peninsula Beijing                                       D. Bei Restaurant
31.        If you are sure to order delicious Turkey by Dec. 30, you can phone ________.
A. 010-8516-2888            B. 010-6601-4466           C. 010-6530-9383            D. 010-6410-5230
C
Some people think that they will get ill if they use their brains (大脑) too much. It is not true. Through many studies, scientists show us that the more you use your brains, the better it will be, and the cleverer you will become.
Of course, if you want to keep your mind clear and active, you must take a proper rest and study properly. To the teenagers, using their brains in the morning is good for their health.
There are many ways to rest. One is a peaceful rest. Sleep is a peaceful rest. Another is an active rest. For example, take a walk outdoors, do more exercise every day. To change the way of the brains’ activities is also a good way to rest.
In everyday life, to eat some eggs, meat, fresh vegetables and fruit is also good for the brains.
Wish you a wise man and a happy life.
32.        According to the writer of the passage, our brains should be used ____.
          A. hardly                          B. seldom                          C. more often                  D. at times
33.        Which of the following sentences is not true?
             A. Sleep is a kind of a good rest.                      
B. Doing morning exercises is a peaceful rest.
        C. Going out for a rest is an active rest.  
D. There are different activities for a good rest.
34.        Which is true?
          A. Illness comes from the fact the brains are used too much.
          B. Fruits are the most important for the brains.
          C. The brains will be better if they are used often.
          D. Sleep is the only way of having a rest.
35.        Which of the following can be used as the best title for the passage?
          A. How to use your brains                                        B. How to rest
          C. How to become a wise man                                D. Keep your mind clear
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
发表于 2011-2-14 16:06:20
I'm anxious to get the key to it!!!
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
发表于 2011-2-14 16:11:00
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
发表于 2011-2-14 16:11:25
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
发表于 2011-2-14 16:11:55