QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

7a第一单元教案

王薄 2005-2-21 17:53 [复制链接]
Teaching and Learning Plan
Unit 1, 7A
                        By Tian Jiabing High School
Learning objectives:
1.     Learn to use the simple present tense.
2.     Learn to use everyday expressions to communicate when meeting people.
3.     Identify main points to get a general impression of different people.
4.     Generate ideas to write a personal profile.
Unit 1 Opening ﹠
Welcome to the unit
Steps
I. Greetings:
First greet with the students.
Hello!
Hi!
Good morning/afternoon!
How are you?
Nice to meet you.
What’s your name? …
Then ask them to greet with each other.
II. Welcome to the unit
1.     A  Meeting new friends
Look at the six students at Beijing Sunshine Secondary School. They’re Amy, Simon, Millie, Kitty,
Sandy and Daniel. They’re introducing themselves to each other. Go through all the sentences.
2.     B  Greetings
Look at the times and fill in the blanks.
Good afternoon/morning/night/evening.
III. Introduction
1. First, introduce myself. Say, “Good morning/afternoon. I’m Ms Li. My name is Li Zhengya. I’m an English teacher. I work at Tian Jiabing High School…”
2. Then ask the students to introduce themselves to the class.
IV. The comic strip
1. Introduce the background information to the class.
2. Teach the three new words: master, instruction and
  e-dog.
3. Ask them to read the dialogue by themselves and then answer the following questions:
⑴ Who is Eddie?
⑵ Who is Hobo?
⑶ Do you like/love this e-dog/Eddie/Hobo?
⑷ Does Eddie like the e-dog?
⑸ How do you know?
4. Read after the tape.
5.     Practise this dialogue in pairs.
6.     Ask some groups to act the dialogue out in front of the class.
7.     Recite the dialogue and check.
8.     Pay attention t
  ⑴ instruction book
  ⑵ look after (prep.)
I must look after my little brother.
look at / for (prep.)
V. Homework
Write a profile of yourself for the class noticeboard.
Reading
Objectives:
1.     To recognize the use of language in giving personal information
2.     To use personal pronouns
Part A
Steps:
I.                  Review key vocabulary according to the general ability of the class. Write model sentences on the blackboard.
I am … (years old).
I am … (tall  short)
I love … (dancing/ playing football/ computer games, etc.)
II.               Teaching the new words and new phrases.
III.           For less able students, read all the text on page 4 to the class. Foe more able students, read the text about Millie. Students listen and follow the text in their books. Then divide the class into six groups and assign one central character to each group.
IV.            Write the following on the blackboard for students to copy.
Name:       age:         live:
Like:        look like:
V.               Homework
Write simple profiles of their friends or their parents.
Part B and C:
Steps:
I.                  Review adjectives and nouns that describe hair and the structure “ to have ”as a brainstorming exercise.
Ask: 1. Who has a ponytail?
2.Who has short hair?
II.               Review key verbs and nouns and subject-verb-object sentences. Ask students to look at the table on page 5 and check their understanding by asking questions:
1.     Who wears glasses?
2.     Who likes football?
3.     Who has a cousin?
III.           Ask students to complete a summary of the five characters in part B. Tell more able students to complete the sentences from memory. After they have finished, tell students to work in pairs and compare answers.
IV.            Set part C as a quiz. Divide the class into pairs and set a time limit. The pair who gets all the correct answers first is the winner.
V.               Ask students to correct the false statements.
VI.            Homework:
Ask every student to write a personal profile of a classmate, the class teacher, the principal or anyone else who is well known to them. The next day, ask one of the students to read it . The other students have to guess who the person is.
Part D:
Steps:
I. Review ‘ football’, ‘reading’, ‘swimming’, ‘listening to music’, ‘dancing’ and ‘computer games’. Ask the class some open questions, e.g. Who likes reading? Who likes listening to music?
After asking the questions, count the number of people who like something and write it on the board.
3.     Ask more able students to complete Part D1 from memory. Tell less able students to refer to the passage on Page4.
4.     Ask students to check their answers with their partners.
5.     Ask each student to complete a profile of himself/herself in Part D2. When they have finished, ask them to read their profiles to their partners.
Homework
  Ask students to work in pairs and write profiles of each other.
Vocabulary
Objectives:
To use verbs and nouns to talk about sports
To describe different kinds of sports
Teaching procedures:
1.     Before you ask students to do Part A, talk about sports with the class. Ask students what sports with the class. Ask students what sports they know the English word for.
2.     Ask students to complete Part A. Check answers orally with the class.
3.     For weaker classes, pre-teach the words “football boots”, “swimsuit” and “tennis racket” before they do Part B. Ask questions about sports to elicit the words from the students, e.g. What do you need when you play football/tennis?
4.     Ask students to complete the sentences on their own. Ask several students to read out their answers.
Homework:
1.     Remember the words by heart.
2.     Make sentences with the words about sports. e.g. I wear a swimsuit when I swim.
Grammar
(Please look at the CAI)
A brief teaching plan for 7A unit1 Grammar

Teaching aims and demands

1.     To master the Simple Present Tense.

2.     Complete three conservations between Millie and her friends.

3.       Express yourself and others with the Simple Present Tense..

Teaching procedures

1.     Make a profile of yourself.

2.     Learn the Simple Present Tense.

3.     Do some some exercises.

4.     Ask the teacher questions.

5.       Homework.

Integrated skills
Part A
Objectives
1.     To extract information from an article.
2.     To obtain information from listening.
3.     To consolidate information and complete a newsletter article.
Teaching procedures
1.     Tell students to look at the headline of the newspaper article and the picture. Ask who they think the person is, what he does and which football team he plays for.(the Huanghe Football Team)
Ask them which football Li Guanghua played for. (the Changjiang Football team)
2.     Write the following words on the board: “football” “score” “goal” “match” “team” and “the World Cup”
Elicit from students the meanings of these words. Point out that the picture on page 12 illustrates the words “score” and “goal” and that they have already learned the word “team” on page 10. Explain any words that students do not know.
3.     Tell students to read the note sheet before scanning the article for answers. Ask students to find the answers in the newspaper article and underline them.
4.     Check students’ general understanding of the article. For weaker classes, check the answers from the article before playing the recording, i.e., name, old team, and new team.
5.     In Part A3, students need to extract information from both the article and the note sheet in Part A1 on page 12. Play the recording again if necessary.
Part B
Objectives
1.     To exchange information about oneself.
2.     To ask questions about personal information.
3.     To respond to questions about oneself.
Teaching procedures
1.     Encourage students to memorize the conversation so that they can respond automatically. This should be a lively part of the lesson which encourages students to have fun when speaking.
2.     For stronger classes, tell students to close their books and listen to you. For weaker classes, allow students to follow the text in the book.
Present the conversation line by line, focusing on intonation and the linking of words. Ask students to repeat complete sentences as they hear them. Make sure that they do not sound monotonous or mechanical. If they have problems pronouncing particular words, practise the words separately and then integrate them into the complete sentences again.
3.     Ask students to replace the underlined words with their own information. Emphasize that students should personalize the conversation so that they can use the sentences fluently in real-life situations outside the classroom. While students are practicing, move around the classroom providing help with pronunciation and intonation. Encourage more able students to expand the conversation to include more formal greetings, and to do another role-play in which they meet a teacher, the head teacher, a visitor.
4.     For weaker classes, ask students to practise the conversation in pairs and then change roles before they make up their own conversation.
5.     Allow less able students to write to write down new conversation before the role-play.
Exercises in class:
Fill in the blanks with the right words.
1.     Jim ____ (be) the newest member of the Reading Club.
2.     Peter joined ____ (we) after he left _____ (they).
3.     Joan is a very good basketball ______ (play).
4.     Helen _____ (want) to play in the neat World Cup.
5.     In the last six ____(month), he scored 15 goals in 20 _____ (match).
6.     He scored two wonderful goals in his _______ (one) match for his new team.
Homework
Go over pages 12 and 13.
Study skills
Objectives:
1.     To establish and maintain relationship and routines in school.
2.     To use everyday expressions to give instructions, make requests, and give responses.
Teaching procedures
1.     Tell students that they need to speak in English in your class, so it is important to learn some common expressions. Tell them to write down frequently used words and phrases in a dedicated book which they should always bring to class.
2.     Alternatively, you could create a card system with your students.
They write phrases on small pieces of cards, one phrase per card.
Students draw symbols/pictures next to each phrase or instruction to help them memorize the phrases.
Students show their symbols/pictures to a partner who has to guess what the phrase is.
3.     Introduce the word ‘borrow’. Ask students to work in pairs to exchange request and responses as presented on page 14. Ask students to memorize the whole sentence and look at their partner when they speak.
4.     Walk around the class and check for understanding. Encourage students to repeat whole sentences from memory.
Exercises in class
Translate the following sentences into English.
1.             他是一位优秀的足球运动员。
2.             我是音乐俱乐部的一员。
3.             他妈妈看起来很年轻。
4.             每逢周末我去游泳半小时。
5.             这儿是体育新闻
6.             篮球运动员看起来高大健壮。

Main task
Teaching steps:
Step1 Answer the teacher’s questions:
1.     What’s your name?
2.     How old are you?
3.     When were you born?
4.     Where do you live?
5.     What do you like?
6.     What colour are your eyes/is your hair?
Step2 Ask individual student to stand in the front and the other students ask him/her the similar questions as many as possible.
Step3 Learn the words on page 15
Step4 Reading
1.     Ask the students to read the model profile on page 15 by themselves.
2.     Read after the tape.
3.     Explain some difficult sentences to the students.
4.     Read Millie’s and Daniel’s profiles together.
Step5 Writing
1.     Turn to page 16 and ask the students to write down their own profile on it.
2.     In pairs, students read, check and correct their partner’s draft.
3.     Ask for volunteers to read their profiles to the class.
Step6 Game
1.     Collect some of the Ss books and mix then up on the teacher’s desk.
2.     One student comes to the front and reads a personal profile. The others try to guess who the writer is. Repeat for several times.
Checkout
Part A   Complete the dialogue with the correct words
1.     Ask students to fill in the blanks.
2.     Students correct each other’s work and write the score on the ‘paw’
3.     Check out the answers with the students.
Part B  Have a competition
1. Set a time limit, Students put the words into the correct word families.
2. Tell the students to put down their pens and close their books when they have finished. The first student who gets all the answers right is the winner.
Exercises in classes.
Fill in blanks with the proper verbs.
1.     I _____ (be) very clever at Maths.
2.     He____ (be) born in Beijing.
3.     She _____ (be) polite and helpful.
4.     You _____(be) good at playing football.
5.     He_____ (come) from Yancheng.
He ________(not live) with his family.
6.     I _____ (not like) watching TV.
I ______ (like) playing tennis after school.
Have a dictation
My friend’s name is Sue. She is 11years old. She lives with her family. Her eyes are dark brown and her hair is black. She is small. She lives reading and listening to music. She is a member of the Reading Club. She is polite and helpful.
Homework
1.     Write a profile for your father or your mother.
2.     Review Unit 1 and get ready to have a test.
最新评论 | 正序浏览
发表于 2005-4-7 10:43:00
大家好
发表于 2005-5-22 19:55:00
hi
发表于 2005-6-6 11:25:00
Quite good!But I do wonder how you devide your limited time into these parts, that is your time-allocation.
发表于 2005-6-14 12:00:00
very good
发表于 2005-8-5 13:36:00
我顶一下,不错!
发表于 2005-9-2 22:02:00
现在的老师真的是太辛苦了.你的资料会给许多老师减负.
I apppreciate your help.
发表于 2005-10-27 22:48:00
顶一下!
发表于 2005-10-27 22:49:00
8楼!
是!appreciate