二○一八年靖城中学第一次模拟考试
九年级英语试题
审卷:盛卫华  袁亚君
(考试时间:120分钟   满分:120分)
注意事项:1. 本卷分选择题和非选择题两个部分。
2. 所有试题的答案均填写在答题卡上,答案写在试卷上无效。
第一部分 选择题(60分)
一、单项选择题。 从下列每题所给的选项中,选出一个最佳答案。(15分)
1. The man wearing ______ untidy coat todayis _____ director of the film ---- Operation Red Sea. (红海行动)
A. a; the    B. an; a       C. an; /       D. an; the
2. When I walked _______ the south side ofthe square, I happened to meet our English teacher.
across         B. around       C. through          D. along
3. Many peopledo not realize the importance of health __________ they have fallen ill.
A.since                        B.after                        C.while                       D.until
4.—Tom is a top student in his class. He’s seldom asked to do the housework at home, _____ he?
   — _____. His patents are very busy withtheir work, so he has to do some cleaning every day.
A.has; Yes              B. hasn’t; No                C. is; Yes              D.isn’t; No
5.  Wars are disasters. A large number of peoplewill lose their homes if a war    .
       A. breaks out            B. breaks down    C.breaks up    D. breaks off
6. ---Look! _________ clean the classroomlooks !---Yes. I’m sure somebody __________ it up.
    A.What , has cleaned         B.How , cleaned  
C.What, cleaned            D.How,has cleaned
7. ---Will you go shopping with me thisafternoon?   ---____,if Tom does.
A. SoI will     B. So will I     C. So do I        D.So I do
8. “I’ma singer” is _______ an interesting TV show that ___ many people likewatching it.
      A. so, so               B. so, such                    C. such, such              D.such, so
9. —Sandy, can I get you _________to drink?   —___________.
   A. something, You’re welcome.               B.anything, No problem.
C. something, Iwon’t mind a glass of milk.      D. anything, It doesn’t matter.
10. ---The river is becomingdirtier because the steel factory has put waste into it.
  ----Yes. We must take action to improve the _______.
A. condition         B. pollution           C.position         D. situation
11.  A quiet boy like Daniel would like to stay athome doing nothing          going out.
A. instead of             B. less than                  C. such as              D. together with
12. —MustI finish the exercise in class?
—No, you . But it  be handed in tomorrow morning.
A. can’t, may      B. needn’t, must         C. shouldn’t, must         D.mustn’t, should
13. —I think Mr. Brown is a nice headmaster.
   —. He has hisown ways to satisfy our teachers and students.
A.I’m not sure       B. I’m afraid not       C. Idon’t think so       D. I can’t agree more
14. —Shall we ask more friends to help raise moneyfor charity?
—Good idea. As an old saying goes, .
     A.never too late to learn                                   B.no pains, no gains
     C.many hands make light work                  D.don’t put all your eggs in one basket
15. ---Could you tell me____?    ---In August, 2014.
A.wheredid the Youth Olympic Games take place  
B.whendid the Youth Olympic Games take place
C.wherethe Youth Olympic Games took place  
D.whenthe Youth Olympic Games took place
二、完型填空。阅读短文,从每题所给选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。(15分)
Ronny’sBook
Ronny looked like every other kid in the first-grade classroom where Ivolunteered as the Reading Mom. However, Ronny was different from hisclassmates in other ways. He had a speech problem so he couldn’t 16    like other kidsin his grade. I worked with all the students in Ronny’s class one by one toimprove their reading skills. On the days when it was Ronny’s   17   ,I’d give him a silent smile, and he’d fly out of his chair. He sat very closeto me and opened the book   18  he was opening a treasure nobody had everseen.
I watched his fingers move slowly under each letter as he struggled (努力) to read out. Every timehe   19 to read aword with a strange pronunciation, the biggest smile would spread across hisface and his eyes would shine with 20  . It broke myheart each and every time.
A few weeks 21    theschool year ended, I held an awards ceremony (颁奖典礼). I  22      Ronnywith a book — one of those Little Golden Books that only cost $5. Tears (眼泪)ran down his face as he held thebook close to him and went   23    tohis seat. I stayed with the class for the rest of the day. Ronny never let goof (放开) the 24   ,not once. It never left his hands.
A few days later, I returned to the school to visit. I 25    Ronnyon a chair near the playground, the book open in his lap. His teacher said, “He hasn’t put that book down since you gave it to him. Do you know that’s his 26    book he’s ever actually owned?”
Keeping back my tears, I walked towards Ronny, placed my hand on hisshoulder and asked, “Will you read me your book, Ronny?” And then, for the nextfew minutes, he read to me more   27     thanI’d ever thought possible from him. The pages were already dog-eared (卷角的), like the book had been readthousands of   28    already. When he finishedreading, Ronny closed his book and said with great satisfaction, “ 29 book!"
What a powerful contribution the writer of that Little Golden Book hadmade in the life of a disadvantaged child. At that moment, I knew I would get 30    about my own writing and do what that writer haddone, and probably still does — care enough to write a story that changes achild’s life, care enough to make a difference.
(   )16. A.read       B.copy      C.write         D.listen
(   )17. A.team       B.term      C.turn          D.Tour
(   )18. A.as if        B.even if    C.as well       D.if so
(   )19. A.forgot      B.decided    C.refused       D.managed
(   )20. A.fear        B.pride      C.promise      D.silence
(   )21. A.after        B.before     C.since        D.when
(   )22. A.covered     B.shared     C.presented     D.compared
(   )23. A.out         B.up        C.away         D.back
(   )24. A.hand        B.class      C.book         D.chair
(   )25. A.followed     B.noticed    C.heard        D.realized
(   )26. A.first        B.second     C.third        D.fourth
(   )27. A.coldly       B.slowly     C.clearly      D.quietly