注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

difference

1030478480 发表在 Grammar2016-4-13 11:42 [复制链接]
difference 到底是不是可数名词
最新评论 | 正序浏览
发表于 2017-2-9 21:41:29
既可数也不可数。牛津高阶英语词典         difference    noun  [C, U] ~ (between A and B) ~ (in sth) the way in which two people or things are not like each other; the way in which sb/sth has changed: There are no significant differences between the education systems of the two countries. ◆ He was studying the complex similarities and differences between humans and animals. ◆ There's no difference in the results. ◆ She noticed a marked difference in the children on her second visit. ◆ I can never tell the difference (= distinguish) between the twins ◆ There's a world of difference between liking someone and loving them. ◆ What a difference! You look great with your hair like that. Antonym: SIMILARITY  [sing., U] ~ (in sth) (between A and B) the amount that sth is greater or smaller than sth else: There's not much difference in price between the two computers. ◆ There's an age difference of six years between the boys (= one is six years older than the other). ◆ I'll lend you £400 and you'll have to find the difference (= the rest of the money that you need). ◆ We measured the difference in temperature.  [C] a disagreement between people: We have our differences, but she's still my sister. ◆ Why don't you settle your differences and be friends again? ◆ There was a difference of opinion over who had won.
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表