牛津中小学英语网

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

试译David Copperfield

Hugo孤星泪 2015-11-14 20:44 [复制链接]
Chapter 1  David Copperfield’s Childhood
I was born atBlunderstone, in Sunffolk, in the east of England, and was given my poor father’sname, David Copperfield. Sadly, he never saw me. He was much older than mymother when they married, and died six mother before I was born.
My father’sdeath made my beautiful young mother very unhappy, and she knew she would findlife extremely difficult with a new baby and no husband. The richest and mostimportant person in our family was my father’s aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
She had in factbeen married once, to a handsome young husband. But because he demanded moneyfrom her, and sometimes beat her, she decided they should separate.
He went abroad,and soon news came of his death. Miss Trotwood bought a small house by the sea,and lived there alone, with only one servant.
She had notspoken to my father since his marriage, because she considered he had made a mistakein marrying a very young girl. But just before I was born, when she heard thatmy mother was expecting a baby, she came to visit Blunderstone.
第1章    大卫·科波菲尔之童年
我出生在英格兰东部萨福克郡布兰德斯通,并沿用了我糟糕父亲的名字——大卫·科波菲尔。令人遗憾地说,他从来没见过我。他两结婚时,他比我母亲大多了。在我出生前六个月他去世了。
父亲的去世让我年轻、貌美的的母亲很伤心。因为她感到没有丈夫带一个新生儿生活极度艰辛。我们家族最富裕最重要之人就是我父亲的姑妈——贝西·特洛伍德女士。
事实上她曾经嫁给了一位年轻英俊的青年。但因为她是他丈夫的经济来源,偶尔还被丈夫殴打。所以,她决定分居。
之后,贝西姑妈丈夫就出国了。不久传来了她丈夫去世的噩耗。特洛伍德女士随后在海边买了一栋小房子,仅和一名仆人单独住在那儿。
自从我父亲婚后她就未和我父亲交谈过,因为她认为他与一位非常年轻的女孩结婚是错误。但在我出生前不久,她听说我母亲怀孕了,她来布兰德斯通看我了我们。

最新评论 | 正序浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表