牛津中小学英语网

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

2014年苏州市初中毕业暨升学考试4

1098939886 2015-5-28 17:21 [复制链接]
D
What colour is your name? What colour is Wednesday? These questions might sound strange to most people, but some can answer right away. One person says her name is the colour red. For another person, Wednesday is blue. These people have a condition called synesthesia. This means they experience two senses at the same time. For these people, the senses of smell, sound, sight, touch, and taste are not separate (分开的).They might see and also hear colours, for example, or hear as well as feel sounds.
The most common form of synesthesia is to hear sounds as colours, A person with synesthesia might hear the number three as blue or the letter D as red. Someone might always see green upon hearing the word April. Another person might see different colours while listening to music. Some people also taste colours. To one person, beef might taste blue and to another, yellow. Some people experience feelings in colour. For example, one person with synesthesia reports feeling pain as the colour orange.
Another form of synesthesia is to experience sounds or tastes as shapes. Some people see music as squares and circles. Some people taste a sweet as a smooth ball. There are other forms of synesthesia, as well. For one man, different words have different tastes. Some words taste like pork;others taste like potatoes or eggs.
Synesthesia is not a common condition. Perhaps only one person in every 5,000 has it. For these people, the everyday world can be a colourful and interesting place.
37.What is this passage mainly about?
A.An unusual condition.
B.People who like colour.
C.The colour of pain.
D.Music and art.
38.How many people probably have synesthesia?
A.Only 5,000 in the world.
B.One out of every 500.
C.About 5 million.
D.One out of every 5,000.
39.Which is the most common form of synesthesia?
A.Experiencing tastes as shapes.
B.Experiencing sounds as colours,
C.Experiencing words as tastes.
D.Experiencing music as shapes,
40.Which of the following is NOT an example of synesthesia?
A.Feeling pain in red.
B.Tasting beef as green.
C.Feeling warm in April.
D.Seeing music as squares.
四、词汇检测(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
根据下列句子及所给汉语注释或通过上下文,在答题卡上标有题号的横线上,写出空缺处各单词的正确形式。每空只写一词。
41.I like the suit, but the jacket doesn’t   ▲    (合身)me.
42.It might be        several months before she’s fully   ▲     (治愈).
43.I think it’s        our    ▲     (轮次)to drive the kids to school this        week.
44.I’m busy at the moment, but I’ll be    ▲    (空闲的)this afternoon.
45.Brenda spent all day    ▲    (准备)the meal,
46.She    ▲    (突然)found herself being talked about in all the        newspapers.
47.Even if they are not very skilled, you really have to admire        the   ▲    (护士)team spirit.
48.—Where will she sit?
—The seat next to Kenny is   ▲   
49. —I am a little   ▲    ,        Mom,
—There are some cakes on the plate. You can take one.
50.—Dad, must we wait until the light becomes green?
—Yes, I’m afraid we have to. That’s the    ▲     rule.

最新评论 | 正序浏览
发表于 2016-10-3 12:52:09
谢谢分享,可以学习学习
使用道具 举报 回复 支持 反对
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表