找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

8B Unit2 Travelling 第四课时Vocabulary教案

wyywyy 2013-2-22 10:43 [复制链接]
8B Unit2 Travelling 第四课时Vocabulary教案
Teaching aims:
1. To develop an understanding of suffixes.
2. To use appropriate adjectives in context, using the correct suffix to indicate positive or negative meanings.
Teaching difficulties: Suffixes
Teaching aids:a small BD
Teaching procedures:
Step 1.  Pre-checking
一  Review Reading
Kitty and her parents went to Hong Kong Disneyland.
1. What did they see in Disneyland?
2. What did they do there?
3. What was the best part of the day?
4. What do you think of Disneyland? Is it wonderful?
二  Translating sentences
1. 我需要帮助。
2. 我经常感到很无助。
3. 她经常会给我一些有用的信息。
4. 你知道这本字典的用途吗? 
5. 这是一本有用的指导用书,它能帮助你。 
6. 但是这张CD没有用,你不需要它。
Step 2.  Presenting 
From the above examples, we can get two groups of words: help→ helpful→ helpless;             use→ useful→ useless
A suffix is a letter or a group of letters that we add to the end of a word to form a new word. The suffix ‘-ful’ means ‘full of’ or ‘having a quality of’.
The suffix ‘-less’ means ‘without’, ‘not having a quality of’.
We can add ‘-ful’ or ‘-less’ to some nouns to form adjectives.
eg: 1. Eating too much is bad / harmful for our health. 2. It’s harmless to swim in winter.
Tell students that some nouns can take either suffix, some can only take ‘ –ful’, some can only take ‘-less’ and some others can take neither.
Work in pairs to finish Part A on page 30. If students are not sure, they can use a dictionary for help.
Step 3.  Practising
1. Finish the table with adding ‘-ful’ or ‘-less’. Remember that not all the words can have ‘-ful’ or ‘-less’ as suffixes.
名词        形容词        反义词
care        careful        careless
colour        colourful        colourless
harm        harmful        harmless
beauty        beautiful        unbeautiful
length        long        short
health        healthy        unhealthy
noise        noisy        noiseless
2. Ask the students to finish the related exercises on small BD.
一 写出下列词的-ful和-less形式,并确认其意思.
1. use  _________   __________ 2.. help __________ _________
3. meaning _________ __________ 4. colour _________ _________
5. care  ___________ __________   
二 用所给词的适当形式填空
1.Everything there was so ________(beauty) that I wanted to live in it.
2.Their clothes were so _______(colour) that I could not stop taking photos.
3.A _____ (care) doctor pulled out one of her good teeth.
4.These books are ______(use) to me. I don’t want to buy them
Step 4.  Presenting 
We have already learned that people can take the roller coaster in the Space Mountain. It’s really exciting. That’s why there are many people waiting outside. The line of people is endless. You have to wait for a long time. Maybe you have no hope to get in. (Maybe it’s hopeless for you to get in.)
We have also known that the parade is the best part of the day. People are very happy and cheerful. The performers all wear different colors of customs. They are colorful.
People who have been there will never forget the wonderful and delightful holiday. Because it is a meaningful experience. (an activity or event that affects you in some way)
Step 5.  Practising
Kitty and Millie are talking about Hong Kong Disneyland on the phone. What’s Kitty saying?  Fill in the blanks of Part B on page 30.
Step 6.  Exercises in class
a. Read these words by heart. Practise with students’ own partner. Ask students to read the words together.
b. 根据提示写出单词
1. The little girl is __________(快活的) and she’s always ________(充满希望的) about her future.
2. I hope you will have a ________(愉快的) holiday.
3. Smoking is ________(有害的) to our health..
4. My life has lost all its meaning. It is __________(无意义的).
5. Complaining is ___________(无用的) .
Step 7.  Sum up
We’ve learned the suffixes and the opposite of some adjectives, we can use them in our English communication or writing.
Step 8.  Homework
Review the suffixes and the related adjectives.
Finish some exercises.
        预习题答案
(Keys: 1. I need help. 2. I often feel helpless. 3. She often gives me some useful information. 4. Do you know about the uses of this dictionary? 5. This is a useful guiding book. It helps you. 6. But this CD is of no use. You don’t need it. )
        Step 3.  Practising答案
        (Keys: 一. 1. useful, useless 2. helpful, helpless 3. meaningful, meaningless 4. colourful, colourless 5. careful, careless 二. 1. beautiful 2. colourful 3. careless 4. useless)
        Step 6.  Exercises in class答案
        (Keys: 1. cheerful, hopeful 2. wonderful 3. harmful 4. meaningless 5. useless)
最新评论 | 正序浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表