找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

Exercises for Unit 1(period 1)

wyywyy 2013-2-21 22:07 [复制链接]
Exercises for Unit 1(period 1)
一.根据提示写出单词
1. There was no school in our town in the p_______.
2. They are having a good time in the garden at p_________.
3. He has lived in the area _______(from a time in the past until now) he was born.
4. -What’s on TV?
  -Chairman Hu Jintao is having an i________ with President George Bush.
5. My uncle goes to work by u___________.
二.用动词的适当形式填空:
1. In the past, most of people here________________(ride) bikes to work.2. I _____________(not finish) ____________(read) the novel yet.
3. What ________you__________(do) with those old books yesterday? I ____________(give) them to others.4. He is surprised_______________(hear) the_______________(surprise) news.5. It is ________(good) to teach a man to fish than to give him fish.三. 选择填空:(   )1. After resting for a long time, Mr Green looks_____ than before he left the hospital.      A. unhealthier   B. healthier    C. more healthily   D. health(   )2. The doctor looked him over and said there was_____ with her.      A. nothing wrong much  B. much wrong nothing C. much nothing wrong  D. nothing much wrong(   )3. Sorry, I haven’t finished the work_____.      A. already   B. before   C. yet     D. ever(   )4. My son_____ up yet because he _____ to bed very late last night.      A. hasn’t got, has gone   B. didn’t get, went  
   C. doesn’t get, went    D. hasn’t got, went(   )5. Look at that new model plane. It must_____ a lot of money.      A. cost   B. pay    C. spend       D. take(   )6. Since he started high school, he’s come to school by bike_____.       A. on his own   B. by his own    C. in his own     D. with his own(   )7. You’re_____ late, the meeting has been over.       A. terribly     B. nearly    C. terrible     D. near(   )8. I have bought a Chinese – English dictionary?  When and where_____ you _____ it?       A. have, bought    B. did buy   C. will, buy   D. do , buy(   )9. What a nice T-shirt! How much did you_____ for it?  It_____ me twenty yuan.       A. pay, cost    B. pay, paid    C. cost, pay   D. cost, cost (   )10. When you do eye exercises, you must keep your eyes_______.       A. close    B. closed     C. open     D. closing(   )11. Don’t worry, these toys are______ than those.       A. safer      B. more safely     C. safe    D. more safety(   )12. I can’t buy this coat, because it is_____ expensive.       A. much    B. a few    C. few    D. a bit(   )13. This is the most interesting story I have_____ heard.        A. never    B. ever    C. once   D. always(   )14. Every morning, he listens to English news_____ the radio.        A. from    B. over    C. in    D. to(   )15. Did Tom study at No. 8 Middle School three years _____?        A. before    B. after    C. ago    D. then四. 根据括号中的要求,完成所给的句子,每个空格填一个单词(含缩写词)。
1. There was little water in the glass. (改为反意疑问句)
There was little water in the glass, ________ ________ ?
2. It is beautiful. (改为感叹句)
__________ __________it is!
3. It took me half an hour to finish my work. (就划线部分提问)
________ ________did it take you to finish your work?
4. short, Millie, hair, has (连词成句) Millie ________ ________ hair.
5. I know something about that. (改为否定句) I ________ know ________ about that.
6. She moved weeks ago, so he doesn't know her address. I don't know, either. (句子意不变)
She moved weeks ago so ________ he ________ I know her address.
7. You must not play football on the road. (改为祈使句)
________ ________ football on the road.
8. Her brother went to bed after he finished his homework. (用not... until... 改写)
Her brother ________ go to bed ________ he finished his homework.
9. Lucy did housework at home yesterday. (改为一般疑问句)
________ Lucy ________ housework at home yesterday?
10. He told me how I could surf the Internet.(简单句)
He told me how ________ ________ the Internet.
五.完型填空
   Billy is a boy of fifteen. His parents died three years ago. One  day  when  he  was  walking  in  the  street ,  he   1   a wallet (钱包). He returned it to the owner, Mr Baker. He gave his   2   to the boy. As the boy  had no job (工作) , Mr Baker made him work for him in his    3   . Billy worked so hard that Mrs Baker were          4      with him. Mr Baker loved planting   5  . The week before last, he brought a few trees home, planted them  in the   6   himself and watered them every day. Several days   7   , he had to leave for another city. Before he  started , he said to Billy,“ Take good care of the trees. Some boys near our house always want to steal (偷) them.” “Don’t    8    about them , sir .”answered Billy, “I’ll try my best to watch them.” Six days passed and Mr Baker  came back. He asked , “    9    anyone ever come to steal the trees ?” “No , sir.” said Billy , “To stop someone  from stealing  the  trees ,  I   10    them up six days ago. I have hidden (藏) them for almost a week ! ”
      (    )1.  A.  found         B.  bought        C.  carried       D.  wanted
      (    )2.  A.  wallet         B.  pity          C.  thanks       D. excuses
      (    )3.  A.  factory        B.  office        C.  town         D.  home
      (    )4.  A.  pleased        B.  angry        C.  strict         D.  popular
      (    )5.  A.  flower        B.  grass         C.  vegetables     D.  trees
      (    )6.  A.  garden        B.  office        C.  city           D.  room
      (    )7.  A.  ago          B.  later          C.  before         D.  after
      (    )8.  A.  think         B.  talk          C.  learn          D.  worry
      (    )9.  A.  Did          B.  Does         C.  Has           D.  Will
      (    )10.  A.  sent        B.   pulled      C.  put            D.    picked
六. 阅读理解: (10分)
A man was mending a street lamp when he saw a pretty young woman and three children get into a car  which was in the garden of a house near him. He saw that the car had a flat tyre, and tried to warn the woman, but it was too late—she was already driving the car out of the garden, and into the busy street. When she had got there, she stopped the car at the side of the street, got out and looked at the flat tyre. The children stayed in the car. Very soon another car stopped, and the driver offered to help her. The young woman accepted his offer, and the man changed the tyre for her.
When she had thanked him and he had gone, she drove the car back into the garden, got out with the children and went back to her work in the house –with clean hands.
(   )1. This story is mainly about _________.
             A. a man who was mending a street lamp   
   B. a man who offered help to a pretty young lady
   C. a pretty young lady who had her car repaired   
   D. three children who stayed in the car
(   )2. From the passage, we can see that the story might be told by _______.
      A. a pretty young lady           B. a man who was mending a street lamp
      C. a warm-hearted man who offered help     D. a man who is not mentioned in the story
(   )3. What kind of expression was on the lady’s face after the man who offered help left?
             A. Anger.     B. Thankfulness.      C. Pleasure.      D. Sadness.
(    )4. From the passage, we can infer that _______.
A.only when the young lady arrived in the busy street did she find the tyre flat
B.the young lady knew what had happened to the tyre even before she went to the busy street
C. the young lady didn’t know the tyre was flat until her children told her
D. if the young lady had heard the man who was mending the street lamp, she would have the car repaired before she went to the busy street
(    )5. Which of the following is true according to the story?
A. The young lady and her children were going to a garage to have the car repaired.
B. The young lady and her children were going to take a trip when she found the tyre flat.
C. The young lady herself could not repair the tyre of the car at home.
D. The young lady drove the car with a tyre flat into the busy street on purpose. She wanted to have it repaired there.
七.书面表达
根据以下提示,以Hong Kong 为题,简要介绍其基本情况。
地理气候:中国东南方,1000多平方公里,二月份15℃,七月28℃,5-9月间多雨水;
人口:6,000,000;
特点:有“东方之珠(oriental pearl)”的美誉,是世界上最大的贸易(trade)中心之一;
现状:1997年回归后更加繁荣(prosperous)富强。

最新评论 | 正序浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表