牛津中小学英语网

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

新高一暑期英语辅导材料 2006.7.1

thgh123 2006-8-21 15:22 [复制链接]
<P>新高一暑期英语辅导材料 2006.7.1 </P>
<P>『导言』首先祝贺同学们圆满地完成了初中阶段的学习任务并欢迎同学们进入泰州市田家炳实验中学高中阶段学习。词汇量的大小是英语能力提高的根本词汇学习是英语学习的根本 当我们从初中阶段的学习跨入高中阶段的学习,就英语这一门语言学科来说,同学们首先遇到的问题将是词汇量的扩大与翻番。 在我们掌握了英语的基本语音和一些语法知识后,英语能力的提高在很大程度上取决于词汇量的大小。词汇是构成语言的三要素之一,它与语音、语法相比,变化较快。随着社会和科学的发展,英语一方面增加了新词,一方面旧词有增添了新的意义。同时,多义词的内涵越来越丰富。因此,词汇学习成了英语学习的当务之急。没有词汇就没有词组,没有词组就没有句子,没有句子我们就无法进行交际;没有句子也就没有文章,因而词汇的作用就好比高楼大厦的建起没有砖块不行。所以说词汇是英语学习基础的基础.没有词汇,学英语就等于是一句空话。一定的词汇量有助于我们对文章进行正确的分析与判断。也可以说词汇量的大小是英语能力提高的根本;词汇学习是英语学习的根本。 综上所述大家都知道词汇在英语学习中占有如此重要的位置,同学们不妨利用这个暑假,回顾一下初中所学的词汇---词组、句型等。这无疑对你即将进行的高中阶段的英语学习大有好处。</P>
<P>初中第一、二册所学的词汇---词组、句型等:</P>
<P>一、短语、词汇与句型</P>
<P>&nbsp;on duty look at look like look after It doesn’t matter on foot by bus/ train/ bike in the open air on Mid-Autumn Day help…with… next to in the front/ back row at the front/ back go along… up and down in the same class put on take off come in a bottle/ cup/ glass of take… to put…away get down something to drink/ eat Welcome back to school. a big/ small piece of paper look after yourself less/ more than do eye exercises take a message ring up It’s a pleasure. at the moment last from…to go skating a picture of my family a map of China the girl in the hat give…to get on the bus a quarter to/ past two be good at have a swim this/next time I’ve no idea. on the left/ right in the middle of a place called … the city of keep healthy go to the classroom go to bed go home It’s your turn now. ride a bike make a cake fly a kite play basketball near the river a few a little how often three months ago take a walk later on go on give…a message Happy birthday! have a party go for a walk turn green get ready for be different from By the way… Which is the way to…? Go on until… on one’s way (to)… at the end of What’s the matter? be pleased Nice talking to you. be on a visit to too…to at last look over not…any more turn on/ off at times take-away food something different take enough exercise instead of No problem. pull…out of put…up from all by ourselves no longer get dressed all by herself/ himself leave one by oneself stop doing place of great interest </P>
<P>二、重要句型</P>
<P>&nbsp;How do you like China? What’s wrong with…..? Would you like something to eat? I don’t think so. What about……? Don’t worry. What would you like? How many bottles of milk can you see? Do you want a go? There are some hills in the picture. May I borrow your ……? I’d like you to meet …… It’s time for …… How do you usually come to school? I usually come by bus. You’d better catch a bus. What day was it yesterday? What was the date yesterday? Could I speak to ……, please? Was there a message? It’d very cold today, isn’t it? Lucy is younger than Jim. She is the youngest of all. What does your father do? Where does he work? What a strong wind! How warm is it today! Would you like ……? Which do you like better, pork or beef? I like pork better than beef. Which do you like best? I like tomatoes best of all. Excuse me. Which is the way to ……, please? When the lights are green, the traffic can go. If you jump a queue, other people will not be pleased. It’s too dangerous to cross. I have to do some cooking. Can you hear anything? Help yourself to some cakes. We bought granny a present, but she didn’t like it. Is there a car in the tree? What are you doing? I’m reading a book. Are you writing? Yes, I am../ No, I’m not. What day is it today? It’s Tuesday. Do you have an eraser? Yes, I do./ No, I don’t. </P>
<P>初中英语第三册所学的词汇---词组、句型等:</P>
<P>:一、 短语、词汇与句型 </P>
<P>be short of go on doing something prefer…to catch up with pay for do with on time in time agree with be angry with play with a moment later hurry up hurry off What a pity! Help yourself! hear of go back lend to between …and get…from be in trouble No hurry! send for take a look be/ become interested in all one’s life see somebody doing something keep…safe hold on begin with in a minute as soon as possible just then leave a message come round change one’s mind do one’s best twice a week learn … by oneself be ready to do something give somebody a call make sure fill… with be busy doing something dress up look up on top of at the end of cover… with… / be covered with ask somebody not to do something make friends with try on get on well with right away take one’s time make a mistake be made of/ from be made in in/ around/ all over the world be used for/ as/ by turn right/ left on show No smoking! at the third crossing thanks to No photos! More or less stop… from far away in a few years’ time neither…nor so far send up with one’s help knock into at the beginning of wear out hour after hour a pair of on the earth think about never mind either… or sell out on and on in surprise fall over a bit by then catch a cold ever since come along plenty of be/ feel afraid of help…with on the team at the foot of by the end of play against</P>
<P>&nbsp;二、 重要句型 </P>
<P>as… as (not) so/ as … as What does … mean? You’d better (not) do something. … not … until… Will you please (not) do something? It’s another way of doing something. Have you ever been to West Hill Farm? I’ll return it as soon as I can. How long have you been at this school? I’ve been here for just over two years. My house is about twenty minutes by bike. He says that he won’t be free until tomorrow. Tell her to turn it down. Could you tell me how we get to the plane? I can’t decide which one to choose. What can I do for you? Please take you turn. What’s it made of? English is used as a foreign language in China. Can you tell me the way to the museum? It makes me feel thirsty. When was the Party founded? The more, the better. How many kilometers by train is it from Najing to Wuhan? What’s the population of Germany? In about 600 years, there will be standing room only on the earth. I’m looking for a pair of black shoes. Have you got any other color/ size/ kind? That’s cheap. I’ll have it, please. He became so angry that he couldn’t speak. There’s something wrong with Kate. You’d better not go to school. Do you want anything to eat? Take this medicine twice a day. Did you have a good journey? You are just in time for the football team. Which would like, a cup of tea or a glass of water. When shall we meet, this evening or tomorrow morning? I don’t mind. Either time is OK. </P>
<P>三、 短语动词短语动词在英语中是一种独特的词语。它词义丰富,用途广泛,且表述力强。由于其搭配灵活,寓意复杂,故为同学们比较难以掌握。现就初中课本出现的短语动词做个归类: 1) verb. + prep. agree on agree with begin with die of come from feel like get off get on get to grow into hear from hear about knock at laugh at live through look after look at look for look like meet with play with run after send for shout at think of wait for 2) verb. + adv. (A) 及物动词 cheer on clean out eat up find out get in give up hand in hand over look up pick up put down put on put up ring up sell out take away take down take off tie up try on think over turn on turn off wake up work out put off (B) 不及物动词 clear up come in come on come over come out get up go on grow up jump about ring out start off take off take place turn away look out 3) verb. + adv. + prep. catch up with look back to go on with do well in get on with work hard at 4) verb. + n. + prep. take care of make faces at make use of pay a visit to take an interest in take part in have a word with make friends with </P>
<P>以上所归类的这些短语动词有几点要牢牢地记在心中: 1. 首先应该把这些短语动词作为一个单词来记并理解它的意义。因为当这个动词与其他介词、副词等搭配时其意义也随之转变。如:“get on/ off”“上车和下车”;“get to”“到达”;“get in”“收割”;“get up”“起床”等。 2. 也可把这些短语动词作为及物的和不及物的来记。因为这样的话,有助于我们理解这些动词的用法。如及物动词的用法: 1) meet with: We met with our teacher in the cinema last night. 不及物动词的用法: 2) take off: The plane took off ten minutes ago before I got there. 3. 要正确地掌握这些及物(短语)动词所带的宾语的位置。如: 1) wait for: I was waiting for the bus when it began to rain. We are waiting for them. 2) think over: Well we’ll think over the matter and give you an answer soon. Give me five minutes to think it over. 注意这里的over是副词,所以宾语it要放在中间。记住这些短语动词后的是介词还是副词这一点也很重要。正如上面所述,我们已经做了归类。 1) verb. + prep. 这类短语动词均为及物的。所带宾语不管是名词还是代词均放在后面。 2) verb. + adv. (A)及物的 这类短语动词的宾语,如果是名词,一般放在副词之后;如果是代词,必须放在副词之前。(B)不及物的 3) verb. + adv. + prep. 这类短语动词均为及物的,所带宾语均放在介词后面。 4) verb. + n. + prep. 这类短语动词均为及物的,所带宾语均放在介词后面。 希望同学们像记单词一样记住这些短语动词,并记住他们的用法。以上所归短语动词仅限于初中教材。</P>
<P>巩固练习</P>
<P>&nbsp;1)单项选择</P>
<P>&nbsp;1. When I got to the station, the train __. A. already went B. has already gone C. is just starting D. had already left </P>
<P>2. -- I’m sorry to have kept you __. -- It doesn’t matter. I’ve just arrived. A. wait B. waited C. waiting D. to wait </P>
<P>3. Mary didn’t buy the shirt __ her uncle would buy one for her. A. if B. before C. until D. because </P>
<P>4. It’s __ today. The radio says it won’t stop raining until next week. A. fine B. wet C. windy D. cloudy </P>
<P>5. China joined WTO in 2001. WTO means __. A. 世界环保组织 B. 世界卫生组织 C. 世界贸易组织 D. 世界体育组织 </P>
<P>6. Beijing will host the __ Olympic Games and is making careful preparations now. A. 2012 B. 2001 C. 2004 D. 2008</P>
<P>&nbsp;7. The sand-dust storm weather __ in Beijing several times this year. A. happened B. is happened C. was happened D. have happened </P>
<P>8. Do remember __ the letter for me when you pass the post office, please. A. post B. posting C. to post D. be posting </P>
<P>9. We were walking along the lake __ we heard a cry for help. A. when B. while C. because D. after </P>
<P>10. Two-thirds of the Lakeside Road __ with grass and trees and many people go there after supper. A. cover B. is covered C. was covered D. is covering </P>
<P>11. September 10 is __ Day. A. teachers’ B. Teacher’s C. Teacher D. Teachers</P>
<P>&nbsp;12. __, Li Lei was far behind the others at first. A. At he 800-meter race B. In the 800 meters race C. In the 800-meter race D. At the 800-meters race </P>
<P>13. Liu Mei jumps farther __ in our class. A. than all the girls B. than any other girls C. of all the girls D. than any other girl</P>
<P>&nbsp;14. You think foreign languages are more important that science, but I really can’t agree __ you. A. to B. at C. for D. with</P>
<P>&nbsp;15. Will you please __ some bananas for me? A. buy B. buys C. to buy D. buying </P>
<P>2)补全对话 </P>
<P>A: I have to go out. 1 the weather 2 today? B: The weather report 3 it’s going to be a 4 day. But I don’t think 5 . Look 6 the sky. There are thick clouds. I’m afraid it’s going to be a 7 day. A: Really? Oh, yes. The rain is coming down. What 8 weather! May I use your raincoat? B: 9 . I left it in my office. A: Oh, What 10 I do then.</P>
<P>&nbsp;3)词语填空用方框中所给的单词的适当形式填空,是短文通顺、连贯(每个单词限用一次) life, feel, use, is, and, have, easy, has, as, part, spend, three, do, or, car </P>
<P>Cars were invented in the last century. Today they have entered the 1 of everyone in the United States. Most Americans 2 that they are poor when they have no cars. Why are cars widely 3 in the United States? Here 4 three reasons. First of all, the country is very large 5 Americans enjoy 6 trips here and there. With cars, they can go anywhere 7 . The second reason is that trains 8 never been as common in the United States 9 they in other 10 of the world. What’s more, Americans have to 11 a lot of money traveling by plane. The 12 reason is also the most important one. Americans 13 like to wait for buses, trains, 14 even planes. Instead, they like 15 convenience(便利) because they want to be free in traveling at any time.</P>
<P>&nbsp;3) 阅读理解</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (A)</P>
<P>&nbsp;Children’s education is changing very rapidly today. In the past, teachers made children sit still for hours. They made them memories all sorts of things. In other words, the children had to go on repeating things until they know them “by heart”. Today, many teachers wonder if it is possible to make children learn at all. They say you must let children learn and discover things for themselves. But for some of the children, school is a kind of prison. They are there only because their parents make them go. They get out of the classroom as soon as the teacher let them leave. Many of them want to find jobs but the law will not let them work until they reach a certain age. And so, they have to stay in school. Often they do not learn anything at all and hate every moment. </P>
<P>1. The passage tells us something about __ in the past and today. </P>
<P>A. different sorts of children B. children’s education C. different sorts of schools D. teachers in some schools </P>
<P>2. Why did the children have to go on repeating things until they memories them in the past? A. Because they enjoyed doing so. B. Because their parents asked to do so. C. Because they were asked to do so. D. Because they were good at repeating things.</P>
<P>&nbsp;3. For some of the children, school is a kind of prison because __. A. they don’t like schools B. their parents like schools C. there are many school rules D. they have to stay in school</P>
<P>&nbsp;4. What does the underlined word discover mean in the passage? A. 制作 B. 评价 C. 分析 D. 发现</P>
<P>&nbsp;5. The passage tells us some of the children hate schools because __. </P>
<P>A. their teachers didn’t like them B. schools were prison at that time C. their parents made them go there D. they didn’t reach a certain age to find jobs </P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (B)</P>
<P>&nbsp;The Great Fire of London started in the very early hours of September 1966. In four days it destroyed more than three quarters of the old city, where most of the house were wooden and close together. 100,000 people became homeless, but only a few lost their lives. The fire started on Sunday morning in the house of the King’s baker(面包师) in Pudding Lane. The baker, with his wife and family, was able to get out through a window in the roof. A strong wind blew the fire from the bakery into a small hotel next door. Then it spread(蔓延) quickly into Thames Street. That was the beginning. By eight o’clock three hundred houses were on fire. On Monday nearly a kilometer of the city was burning along the River Thames. Tuesday was the worst day. The fire destroyed many well-known buildings, old St Paul’s and the Guildhall among them. Samuel Pepys, the famous writer, wrote about the fire. People threw their things into the river. Many poor people stayed in their houses until the last moment. Birds fell out of the air because of the heat. The fire stopped only when the King finally ordered people to destroy hundreds of buildings in the path of the fire. With nothing left to burn, the fire became weak and finally died out. After the fire. Christopher Wern, the architect(建筑师), wanted a city with wider streets and fine new houses of stone. In fact, the streets are still narrow, but he did build more than fifty churches, among them the new St Paul’s. The fire caused great pain and loss, but after it London was a better place: a city for the future and not just of the past. 6. The fire began in __________. </P>
<P>A. a hotel B. the palace C. Pudding lane D. Thames Street </P>
<P>7. It seems that the writer of the text was most sorry for the fact that ________. A. some people lost their lives B. the birds in the sky were killed by the fire C. many famous buildings were destroyed D. the King’s bakery was burned down</P>
<P>&nbsp;8. Why did the writer cite(引用) Samuel Pepys? A. Because Pepys was among those putting out the fire. B. Because Pepys also wrote about the fire. C. To show that poor people suffered most D. To give the readers a clearer picture of the fire.]</P>
<P>&nbsp;9. How was the fire put out according to the text?</P>
<P>&nbsp;A. The King and his soldiers came to help. B. All the wooden houses in the city were destroyed. C. People managed to get enough water from the river. D. Houses of the following were the reasons for the quick spread of the big fire? </P>
<P>(a) There was a strong wind. (b) The streets were very narrow. (c) Many houses were made of wood. (d) There was not enough water in the city (e) People did not discover the fire earlier. </P>
<P>A. (a) and (b) B.(a) (b) and (c) C. (a) (b) (c) and (d) D.(a) (b) (c) and (e) (C) Below is a table which shows the melting(液化) and boiling points of common substances. Study the table. Then do Numbers 60~63. Substance Melting Point(℃) Boiling Point(℃) water 0 100 Alcohol -117 78 Nitrogen -210 -196 Oxygen -218 -183</P>
<P>&nbsp;10. The underlined word “substance” means a type of _________. A. matter B. liquid(液体) C. solid(固体) D. gas</P>
<P>&nbsp;11. Which of the four should be a liquid at—90 degrees? A. water B. alcohol (酒精) C. nitrogen(氮) D. oxygen </P>
<P>12. Mixing alcohol and water is often used to wash windscreens of cars during the wintertime because _________. A. it is easier for alcohol to change into gas B. alcohol is not easily separated from water C. alcohol freezes at lower temperature than water D. the mixture is not expensive 13. In order to change water from a solid to a liquid, energy must be _________. A. removed B. added C. done D. use </P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (D)</P>
<P>&nbsp;Robert E. Peary was a great U.S explorer(探险家). He reached the North Pole in 1909. For more than 20 years, he tried to reach the Pole. During much of this time, he kept a diary of his trips. A diary is the writing of a person that tells about his or her life day by day. Here is what Peary wrote in his diary on the day he reached the Pole. The Pole at last my dream for 20 years. Mine at last! I cannot bring myself to believe it. It all seemed so simple. This page was written on the biggest day in Robert E. Peary’s life. But the diary also tells about the hard times he had. Many times during his travels, Peary had to say good-bye to his wife. Once he wrote: Another good-bye, and there have been so many! Strong, brave woman! You have lived with me through all my hard work. This life is a dog’s life……will I succeed? Will I return? </P>
<P>14. People keep a diary to _________. A. tell about all the interesting stories hear B. write down their friends’ telephone numbers C. tell about the most important thing they do every week D. write down what they do and feel every day </P>
<P>15. Rebert E. Peary ________. A. liked to travel much B. was a man with strong will C. knew much about the Pole D. was anxious to see the Pole </P>
<P>16. On the day he reached the Pole, Peary felt excited and happy because _______. A. his dream had come true B. he had heard from his wife C. he had made his life happier D. he had just had a pleasant dream</P>
<P>&nbsp;17. From the last paragraph we can see that Peary felt ________ his wife. A. pleased with B. proud of C. sad about D. lonely without </P>
<P>18. Peary wanted to say that life was ________ by wiritng “This life is a dog’s life.” A. active B. hard C. happy D. comfortable </P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (E)</P>
<P>&nbsp;Two swimmers were killed by sharks off the beaches(海滩) at Shenzhen, Guangdong Province on July 16. The Xiyong beach in Nan’ao Town of Longgang District has since been closed to swimmers. These are the first shark attacks reported there in 20 years. At about 10 a.m. last Friday, sharks attacked(袭击) a 22-year-old swimmer and bit off his left leg. He bled(失血) to death. At about 3 p.m., the same day, a 23-year-old worker who took no notice of the warnings after the accident was also attacked and killed by sharks. (From Beijing Weekend, July 23—25, 1998) </P>
<P>19. Which of the following diagrams(图表) gives the correct relative locations of Longgang, Shenzhen, Nan’ao and Xiyong? L=Longgang S=Shenzhen N=Nan’ao X=Xiyong </P>
<P>20. The accidents _________. A. were reported seven days later B. were reported on July 16 C. were reported 20 years ago D. happened in the town </P>
<P>4).短文改错 </P>
<P>Two hundreds years ago, 95% American workers 1. were farmers. Today little than 3% of Amercian 2. workers are farmers. Yet there are more America 3.__________ farmers than workers in some other industry. 4. American farmers used to grown only enough 5. food to rise their families. Now each farmer 6. grows enough to feeding 78 other people. They 7. produce more because of they use modern farming 8. methods. They have to learn much than before. 9. They must learned about soil, weather, plants 10. and even computers. </P>
<P>牛津高中英语模块一Unit 1 School Life 课文 </P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; School life in the UK </P>
<P>Going to a British high school for one year was a very enjoyable and exciting experience for me. I was very happy with the school hours in Britain because school starts around 9 a.m. and ends about 3.30 p.m. This means I could get up an hour later than usual as schools in China begin before 8 a.m. On the first day, all students went to attend assembly. I sat next to a girl whose name is Diane. We soon became best friends. During assembly, the headmaster told us about the rules of the school. He also told us that the best way to earn respect from the school was to work hard and achieve high grades. This sounded like my school in China. I had many teachers in the past year and they each taught only one subject. Mr Heywood was my class teacher. My favourite teacher was Miss Burke. She was the teacher who taught us English literature. In our class there were 29 students. This is about the average size for British schools. We had to move to different classrooms for different classes. We also had different students in some classes, so it was difficult to remember all the faces and names. I found the homework was not as heavy as what I used to get in my old school, but it was a bit difficult for me at first because all the homework was in English. I felt lucky as all my teachers were very helpful and I enjoyed all my subjects: English, History, English Literature, Computer Science, Maths, Science, PE, Art, Cooking and French. My English improved a lot as I used English every day and spent an hour each day reading English books in the library. I joined the Computer Club at lunchtime, so I could e-mail my family and friends back home for free. I also had an extra French class on Tuesday evenings. Cooking was really fun as I learned how to buy, prepare and cook food. At the end of term we held a class party and we all had to cook something. I was glad that all my classmates enjoyed the cake that I made. Students at that school have to study Maths, English and Science, but can drop some subjects if they don’t like them, for example, History, French and Art. They can choose other subjects like Woodwork, Computer Science or Languages, such as Spanish, German, etc. In woodwork class I made a small table. Though it didn’t look like a table when it was finished, I still liked it very much.. I missed Chinese food a lot at lunchtime. British food is very different. British people eat lots of desserts after their main meal. They don’t seem to like fruit as much as Chinese students. After lunch, we usually played on the school field. Sometimes I played football with the boys. Sometimes I just relaxed under a tree or sat on the grass. I was very lucky to experience this different way of life, and I hope that someday I can go back and study in Manchester again. Former student return from China David Holmes studied at our school from 1990 to 1998. He has recently returned from his studies in China. David was one of the most helpful students that we ever had. He was the only student who won the Gold Service Award in 1997. he then went to Oxford University where he pursued International and Intercultural Studies. After graduation from university, he went to China to study Chinese. He studied Chinese at Beijing Language and Culture University. After two years of studying Chinese, he became a fluent speaker of the language. Upon finishing his studies, he started traveling in China. Some of the cities in China which he likes most are Shanghai, Harbin and Beijing. In China he developed an interest in teaching English. He enjoyed teaching English to non-native speakers. Most of the students that he taught have become his friends. When he returned to Britain two months ago, he brought back from China many interesting books, dictionaries, paintings and photographs. He donated most of them to our school library. Some of the books were gifts that he got from his Chinese friends and students. The paintings that David donated to the school are being displayed in the assembly hall. Teachers and students at our school wish to thank David for his kindness. Next month it will be our annual school open day. We have invited David to be one of our guest speakers. He will make a speech about his experiences in China. The speech is going to be at 3 p.m. on 9 November. At the end of his speech, there will be 30 minutes for questions and answers. So, if you are interested in knowing more about China, you mustn’t miss the chance to meet David at the open day. (Rachel Grey reports) </P>
<P>『 Practice 』 A). Fill in the blanks using the words below Literature experiences headmaster fruit desserts different preparing life Dear Wei Hua, I am a high school student in the UK. I have just read your article about your (1)_____ in the UK. I would very much like to be your penfriend. First of all, let me introduce myself to you. My name is Daniel Adams. I am studying at Southampton High. My favourite subject is English (2)______. I am interested in reading novels. I’ve read all the Harry Potter books. At the weekends, I like playing football and surfing the internet. Maybe you can give your e-mail address, so next time I can e-mail you. I do like eating (3)_______ after meals as you mentioned in your article, but unlike many of my classmates, I like eating (4) _______ too. This morning, at assembly, our (5) _________ talked to us about Chinese history, and I thought of you immediately. I didn’t realize how (6)________ schools in the UK are from schools in China until I read your article. Students in the UK don’t have many chances to learn about Chinese high schools. Would you please write and tell me more? I’m very interested in knowing what (7) _______ is like in a Chinese high school. I am (8)________ to travel to China with my parents next summer. Would you please be my guide if I travel to your city? I hope the magazine will pass this letter to you soon! Best wishes, Daniel Adams B). Relative pronouns: that, which, who, whom and whose 1 In attributive clause, that and which are used to refer to things. This is the story that/which we wrote for our storytelling contest. All my classmates enjoyed the cake that/which I made. The book that/which I borrowed from the library is very interesting. 2 In attributive clauses, we use who to refer to people. I am going to see a friend who has just come back from the UK. The girl who is the monitor of our class lives next door to me. She is the teacher who taught us English Literature. 3 When who functions as the object, it can be replaced by whom. In this case, whom is more formal than who. I don’t know the name of the teacher who/whom I saw in the computer room the other day. The student who/whom we saw at the school gate is from America. 4 We can leave out who, whom, which and that when they are the objects. He likes all the birthday presents (that/which) his friend gave him. The girl (that/who/whom) you have just seen is very good at English. 5 We use whose to mean possession. It usually relates to a person, but it can also relate to things. I sat next to a girl whose name is Diane. This is school whose choir won last year’s singing contest. Two friends are talking about where to go after school. Complete their conversation with who, whom, that, which or whose. There might be more that one answer for some blanks. Kangxin: Are you going home, Conghui? Conghui: No. I forgot to bring my key. I can’t go home until my mum gets home from work. I have to do my homework in a place (1) ________ has desks and chairs. Would you like to come with me? Kangxin: Sure. How about the school library? We can do our homework in the reading room. Conghui: It’s a good idea, but I don’t want to study in a room (2)_________ desks are too small for all my books. Kangxin: All right then. What about my flat? We have a really big desk in my father’s study. Conghui: But I’m not one of those students (3) ______ can do homework well in a new place. Besides, I might be reading books in your father’s bookcase instead. Kangxin: You are one of those people (4) ________ everybody will find hard to please, aren’t you? Conghui: I’m sorry. Let’s go to the library then. ******** Conghui: Hi, Liu Qi, how are you? Liu Qi: I’m fine, thanks. Are you returning books, Kangxin? Kangxin: No, we are going to do our homework in the reading room. Liu Qi: There are several reading rooms in the library. Which one are you going to study in? Conghui: I’m not sure. I prefer one (5) ___________ has big desks. Liu Qi: Then you can go to the reading room on the first floor. Kangxin: Is that the reading room (6) _________ has newspapers and magazines? Liu Qi: Yes. Kangxin: Conghui wouldn’t like it. She will be reading newspapers and magazines instead of doing her homework. She seems to be a person(7) ____ can't pay attention to one thing for long. Conhui: No, I'm not. do you think I am a person ____ personality is so strange? Kangxin: I’m sorry. I was only joking. Conghui: That’s OK. Liu Qi: Why don’t you do your homework in our classroom? It’s a place (9) ________ has big desks but no newspapers or magazines. Conghui: Yes! Let’s go! You see, Kangxin, I’m not a person (10) ______ is hard to please. Kangxin: No, you are not. Thanks, Liu Qi. Liu Qi: You are welcome. </P>
<P>【学习要求】 1.掌握和校园生活有关的常用单词、词组与句型。 2.学会描述校园生活和学校设施。 High school is a time of discovery, learning and hard work!高中是探索、学习和辛勤劳动的时期 Huge campus and low-rise building 学校面积大,没有高层建筑。 Twelve laboratories are available for different experiments.12个实验室可供不同试验使用。 Each room comes with its own bathroom and Internet access.每个房间都有自己的卫生间和英特网接口。 3.学习阅读技巧:skimming &amp; scanning。 4.语法:定语从句(一) </P>
<P>【知识重点与学习难点】一、重要单词: access achieve attend assembly article available average canteen club challenging context donate display experience extra graduate gym heading locker low-rise literature poster relax 二、重点词组: class teacher 班主任 at ease with 和….相处不拘束 school hours学校作息时间 earn respect from 赢得…的尊敬 sound like听起来像 for free 免费 get a general idea 了解大意 as well as 除….以外, 也 key words 关键词 word by word 逐字逐句地 find one’s way around 认识路 develop an interest in 培养对….的兴趣 surf the Internet网上冲浪</P>
<P>【难点讲解】 1. What is your dream school life like? 你理想中的学校生活是什么样子? 这里 dream 表示心目中最理想的. 如 dream team (梦之队)。 2. Going to a British high school for one year was a very enjoyable and exciting experience for me. 去一所英国中学读书一年对我来说是一次令人愉快和兴奋的经历。 Going 在本句里作动名词,它和后面的to a British high school for one year构成动名词短语作句子的主语。Go to a British high school本来是个动词词组,在go 后面加上ing 后,它就具备名词的特性可以在句子中充当主语、宾语或表语。动词的现在分词和过去分词都可以作定语,但所表达的意思不同, 现在分词作定语常表示“令人…”、“正在….”;例如exciting news, sleeping dog; 过去分词则有被动或完成的意思,常表示“感到….的”、“被….的”,例如: an excited crowd of people, broken heart. 3. I was very happy with the school hours in Britain because school starts around 9 a.m. and ends about 3.30 p.m. 我对英国学校的作息时间很满意因为学校大约上午9点开始上课,下午3点半左右放学。 Be happy with=be pleased with, around=about。 4. This means I could get up an hour later than usual as schools in China begin before 8 a.m. 这意味着我可以晚一小时起床,因为在中国学校8点钟上课。 as: adv.同样地, 被看作, 象 prep.当做 conj.与...一样, 当...之时, 象, 因为本单元多次出现as, 用法各不相同,应注意比较。另外as 还可以构成一些常用词组:as if就好像, as far as就….而言, so as to以便于, as for至于, such as例如,等等。 mean: 意味着, 后面通常加名词或宾语从句。例如: The attack of Pear Harbor meant a declaration of war with the United States. The raise of salary means that I can send my daughter to a better school. 5. He also told us that the best way to earn respect from the school was to work hard and achieve high grades. 他还告诉我们赢得学校尊敬的最好方法是努力学习并取得好成绩。 The best way to do sth is to…..结构用来表达做某事的最好方法是….., 例如: The best way to learn English is to use it as often as possible. 6. I found the homework was not as heavy as what I used to get in my old school, but it was a bit challenging for me at first because all the homework was in English. 我发现这儿的家庭作业没有我原来学校的多,但一开始对我有些挑战性,因为所有作业都是英语的。 as…..as, 中间加形容词或副词,一般要连接两个相同的句子成分, 请比较下面两句话: You hate him as much as I (=You hate him as much as I hate him). You hate him as much as me(=You hate him as much as you hate me). Used to 过去常常, 隐含的意思是现在的情况已经不同。例如: She used to study very hard. ( She does not study so hard any more). used to 的否定形式是: usedn’t to/ didn’t use to 注意:be used to sth./doing sth. 表示习惯于…. 7. Cooking was really fun as I learnt how to buy, prepare and cook food. 当我学着怎样买菜、洗菜、烧饭时,烹饪真的是一件有趣的事。 fun是名词,有趣的事情, 副词really并非修饰它,而是修饰前面的be动词was 试比较: He is really a funny guy. 和 He is a really funny guy.这两句意思虽然相同, 但really修饰的对象不同,因此说话的侧重点也不同。 8. I do like eating desserts after meals as you mentioned in your article. 就像你在文章中提到的那样,我的确喜欢在饭后吃甜食。 Do、did在陈述句中,用在动词前表示强调,可译作的确、确实。 9. Upon finishing his studies, he started travelling in China. 完成学业之后,他开始在中国旅行。介词upon/ on加doing相当于带as soon as 的时间状语从句。 Upon finishing his study=As soon as he finished his study 10. Former student return from China 一位校友重中国归来 former, past, old 虽然都和过去有关,但 侧重点不同。 former:“过去曾经是...的、 前任….”, past: “过去的”, old:“老的、从前的”。例如: former president前总统,past experience以往的经验,my old school我的母校。 11. earn, achieve和gain 这三个单词的基本意思都是“get”但含义不尽相同, earn :get as the reward of work(挣,得到…作为工作的回报), achieve :get what you want by effort(成就,通过努力达到某个目标), gain和“get”的用法最接近,它对得到的方法和内容都没有具体要求。常见搭配: earn money/ a living/ one’s respect/ one’s bread, achieve a goal/ success/ purpose/ high grade, gain experience/ weight/ an advantage over/ time/ the upper hand( 占上风)/ ground(取得进步). 【语法】定语从句(1) 用来说明主句中某一名词或代词(有时也可说明整个主句或主句中一部分)而起定语作用的句子叫作定语从句。定语从句的作用和作定语的形容词、介词词组、分词词组相似,有时可以相互转换,例如:金发女孩可译作a blonde girl ,a girl with blonde hair或a girl who has blonde hair。定语从句通常由关系代词that/ which/ who/ whom/ which/ as或关系副词when/ where/ why引导,这些词既指代主句中要说明的名词或代词, 又充当从句中的某个句子成分。请看例句: 1.Tom is the only person who can keep a cool head in time of crisis.(who指代主句中的先行词person,在从句中作主语) 2.Tom is the only friend whom(或who) I can rely on. (指代friend,在从句中作宾 语, 所以常用代词who的宾格形式). 3.China is no longer the weak nation that she used to be. (关系代词that指代weak nation,在从句中作表语) 4.The school whose floor space is very limited can’t take in one more student. (关系代词whose指代the school’s ,从句中作floor space的定语) 5.I like to go to the gym where I can have a work-out after sitting for a day. (关系副词where指代主句中的地点状语gym 在从句中作状语) </P>
<P>综合自我检测卷(分值100分, 时间90分钟)</P>
<P>&nbsp;I. 单项填空(共20题,每题1分,共20分) A)情景交际 1. — Now, where is my purse? — _________! We’ll be late for the picnic. A. Take your time B. Don’t worry C. Take it easy D. Come on 2. —You couldn’t have chosen any gift better for me. —_______. A. I’m glad you like it so much B. That’s all right C. Oh, don’t you like it? D. Sorry, I’ll choose a better one next time 3. — Mickey! — ________, Mum? — Come and help me move the table out. A. What B. Right C. Yes D. Pardon 4. — Do you mind if I turned the TV down? — ________. A. Yes, I don’t mind B. No, go right ahead C. Yes, please turn it down D. Don’t worry. You’ll get used to it soon 5. — She didn’t come to school yesterday, did she? —__________, though she was not feeling very well. A. No, she didn’t B. Yes, she didn’t C. No, she did D. Yes, she did B)语言知识 6. Suzhou is ______ most beautiful tourist city and I believe I’ll come for _____ second time. A. the; a B. a; a C. the; the D. a; the 7. — Have you heard today’s weather forecast? — Yes. Better weather is ______. We can expect an outing. A. in the way B. by the way C. on the way D. in this way 8. — Can I tell my best friend about it? — No, I don’t want anyone else to know it. You _______ keep it to yourself. A. must B. need C. can D. may 9. Is this school __________ you visited last month? A. where B. the one where C. that D. the one 10. When I handed the report to Peter, he said that David was the right person ________. A. to send it to B. to send C. to be sent D. for sending 11. —I wonder if she _____ to the ball. —She is sure to come if she ____ time tonight. A. comes; has B. will come; will have C. comes; will have D. will come; has 12. Oxford, as we know, ________ is one of the best universities in the world. A. that B. / C. it D. this 13. Studying abroad is quite different from life in China. It took me nearly half a year to ____ the language problem and culture shock. A. turn over B. look over C. get over D. go over 14. — What’s the best way of losing weight? — _________ A. Why not playing games? B. Why don’t you play games? C. I advise you to playing games? D. You’d better to play games? 15. Yesterday we had a lecture given by a _________ teacher. A. well-mannered young school B. young well-mannered school C. well-mannered school young D. school well-mannered young 16. They asked me to have a drink with them. I said that it was at least ten years since I _______ a good drink. A. had enjoyed B. was enjoying C. have enjoyed D. have been enjoying 17. —Thank you for the great trouble you have taken _____ me with my English? —Think nothing of it! A. with helping B. to help C. in helping D. helping 18. Unluckily, he was soon told ______ he discovered was unimportant to them. A. what why B. that why C. what that D. why what 19. —How can I wake up so early? —Set the alarm clock, _________ you will make it. A. But B. or C. and D. so 20. When I dropped in, Dr Smith _____, so we only had time for a few words. A. just left B. was just leaving C. has just left D. had just left </P>
<P>II. 完形填空 (共15题,每题1分,共15分) Mr. and Mrs Smith’s house was full of suitcases, packages and packed-up boxes. The two of them were 21 with pencils and paper, checking their luggage, when there was a 22 at the door. Mr. Smith went to 23 it and saw a well-dressed middle-aged lady outside. The lady said that she lived in the house beside theirs, and that she had come to 24 them to their new home. The Smiths invited her in after apologizing for the state of the house. “Oh, 25 ,” she answered. “Do you know in some parts of this 26 neighbours are not all 27 ? There are some streets where people do not 28 their neighbours, 29 their next-door ones. But in this street everybody is friends with 30 else. We are one big, happy family. I’m 31 that you will be 32 here.” The well-dressed lady got a 33 when she came to visit the house the 34 time, because she found a quite 35 man and woman in it. Mr. and Mrs Smith had not had the courage to tell her that they were not the new owners of the house, who were to move in the next day, but the old ones, who have lived beside her for two years without ever having visited her or even noticing her existence (存在). 21. A. free B. busy C. pleased D. familiar (熟悉的) 22. A. sound B. ring C. friend D. message 23. A. answer B. serve C. see D. guess 24. A. invite B. lead C. take D. welcome 25. A. excuse me B. here you are C. never mind D. thank you 26. A. house B. street C. town D. time 27. A. busy B. lonely C. safe D. friendly 28. A. know B. understand C. welcome D. respect 29. A. only B. even C. mostly D. neither 30. A. anybody B. nobody C. somebody D. none 31. A. uncertain B. glad C. sure D. afraid 32. A. happy B. lonely C. popular D. friendly 33. A. surprise B. fright C. pleasure D. worry 34. A. first B. exact C. next D. same 35. A. famous B. different C. young D. old </P>
<P>III. 阅读理解(共20题,每题2分,共40分) (A) Do you feel a little sleepy after lunch? Well, that’s normal. Your body naturally slows down then. What should you do about it? Don’t reach for a coffee! Instead, take a nap. There are many benefits (好处) of a daily nap. First of all, you are more efficient (有效率) after napping. You remember things better and make fewer mistakes. Also, you can learn things more easily after taking a nap. A 20-minute nap can reduce information overload. It can also reduce stress. Finally, a nap may increase your self-confidence and make you more alert (灵活). It may even cheer you up. But, there are some simple rules you should follow about taking a nap. First, take a nap in the middle of the day, about eight hours after you wake up. Otherwise, you may disturb your sleep-wake pattern. Next, a 20-minute nap is best. If you sleep longer, you may fall into a deep sleep. After waking from a deep sleep, you will feel worse. Also, you should set an alarm clock. That way, you can fully relax during your nap. You won’t have to keep looking at the clock so that you don’t oversleep. Now, the next time you feel sleepy after lunch, don’t get stressed. Put your head down, close your eyes, and have forty winks. 36. What is a good rule for taking a nap? A. Use an alarm clock. B. Nap eight hours after waking up. C. Sleep for about half an hour. D. All of the above 37. According to the passage, what is NOT a benefit of napping? A. It makes you stronger B. It makes you feel happier C. It gives you more self-confidence D. It improves your memory 38. Which may happen if an alarm clock is not used? A. You may relax more. B. You may feel too nervous to relax. C. You may forget an important meeting. D. You may not reduce your napping time. 39. In the last paragraph, “have forty winks” can be replaced by “________”. A. do eye-protection exercises B. close your eyes for forty times C. have a short sleep during the daytime D. pretend to have a quick nap after lunch (B) Do you think animals can predict (预报) the weather or other natural events? Farmers living in the countryside think so. For hundreds of years, they have observed animals. They think animals’ behavior (行为) can be connected to future weather conditions or events. For example, if swans fly into the wind, a hurricane is coming. Or, if cows lie down, a rainstorm is coming. There are many traditional stories connecting animals and natural events. Many people think that these stories are just folklore, traditional stories and beliefs without scientific evidence (证据). Scientists, however, are beginning to take another look at some of these ideas. Kiyoshi Shimamura is a Japanese earthquake researcher. He noticed an increase in dog bites a short time before earthquakes hit. Then, he did an investigation (调查) of twelve public health centers in Kobe, Japan. These health centers treated people after the 1995 earthquake. He noticed some interesting information about the month before the big earthquake. Treatment for animal bites had increased. In fact, aggressive (冒犯的;侵略的) behavior in dogs, such as biting and barking loudly, jumped (猛增) 60 percent! People noticed other changes in animal behavior before the earthquake as well. For example, fish began swimming together in large groups, only in the middle of the water and not near the edges. Also, birds flew away from their nests for many days, leaving their eggs unprotected. The animal behavior suggests that animals may be able to predict natural events better than people. 40. What is the main idea of the passage? A. What animals do during earthquakes B. Many earthquakes of Japan C. Effect (影响) of natural events on animals’ actions D. Folklore and other stories about animals 41. How do dogs begin to behave just before an earthquake? A. They lie down in grass. B. They stay together in large groups. C. They leave their homes. D. They hurt people. 42. What other animals behave strangely before an earthquake? A. Pigs B. Birds C. Cows D. All of the above 43. What did Kiyoshi Shimamura look at during his investigation? A. Animal clinics treating dogs B. The number of patients with bites C. The number of earthquakes a year D. Places dogs go during earthquakes (C) My first performance (表演) in front of an audience was coming up soon. I tried as hard as I could to remain calm, but my heart was racing. I stared down at my sweat-covered, shaking hands. I looked up again at the audience, realizing that these were real people. They were not just my mum and dad, who would say, “Good job!” even if I messed up the entire piece. What if I had the wrong music? What if I played the wrong notes? As it turned out, I was never able to answer these questions because the spotlight (聚光灯) was waiting for me. I grasped my hands tightly together, drying off the sweat. Slowly I walked to the mud-brown piano in the center of the room. It contained 88 demanding keys, which were waiting impatiently to be played. I swallowed the golf-ball-sized lump (隆起部分) in my throat and sat down. Slowly, I opened the music. Next, I rested my still shaking hands on the ivory (象牙色的) keys. As my fingers played across the keys, I was becoming more unsure of my preparation for this moment. But the memory of my years of training came flooding back. I knew that I had practised this piece so many times that I could play it backwards if requested. Although at one point I accidentally played two keys instead of the intended one, I continued to move my fingers automatically (自动地). My eyes burned holes into (were fixed on) the pages in front of me. There was no way that I was going to lose my concentration. To keep this to myself, I leaned forward and focused carefully on the music. When I came to the end of the page, a warning went off inside my head: DON’T MAKE A MISTAKE WHEN YOU TURN THE PAGE! Needless to say, I obeyed myself with all my heart and mind. And, proud of my “page-turning” feat (技艺), I finished the rest of the piece without making a single mistake. After the final note died away, a celebration went into action inside my head. I had finished. I had mastered the impossible. 44. The author was nervous before the performance because _______. A. her mother and father weren’t present B. the strong spotlight was shining onto the stage C. she hadn’t mastered the entire piece D. she had never performed in public before 45. The underlined phrase “mess up” in Paragraph 3 probably means ________. A. put into disorder B. forget about C. stop halfway D. do well in 46. The author _________. A. didn’t make any mistake in the performance B. felt better at the beginning of the performance C. paid all attention to nothing but her performance D. lost her concentration (注意力) sometimes during the performance 47. What did the author feel about her performance? A. She thought it was comfortable and successful. B. She thought it was very difficult but successful. C. She thought she had never made a mistake during the performance. D. She thought she played through the piece carefully but light-heartedly. (D) For Chinese, it’s time for dragon boat racing and Zongzi. But in South Korea, wrestling and swing play are the highlights. However, both events go by the same name — the Dragon Boat Festival. It falls on May 5th of the lunar calendar. One festival, two cultures. Does one nation have the right to call it its own? It has been reported that South Korea will ask the United Nations Educational, Social and Cultural Organization (UNESCO联合国教科文组织) to make the celebration its cultural heritage (文化遗产). If successful, people from other countries may see the Dragon Boat Festival as a Korean creation. As the birthplace of the yearly event more than 2,000 years ago, China is not happy with the situation (情况). “It would be a shame if another country successfully made a traditional Chinese festival part of its own cultural heritage before China,” said Zhou Heping, deputy cultural minister. The Ministry of Culture is even thinking of making its own application (申请) to UNESCO, covering all traditional Chinese festivals, including the Dragon Boat event. “I don’t like some of the food eaten at the festival, but I am shocked by South Korea’s move,” said Jin Yutong, a Senior One student. “We should protect the cultural heritage left by our ancestors (祖先).” It is thought that the festival is held in memory of the great poet Qu Yuan (340-278BC), who lived in the State of Chu during the Warring States Period. Qu was known to be a patriot (爱国者) and admired by ordinary people. He is said to have jumped into Miluo River, because he had lost hope in his country’s future. When people heard about Qu’s death, they sailed up and down the river searching for his body. They also beat the drums to fright away fish and threw Zongzi into water. These were supposed to stop the fish from touching Qu. Dragon boat racing is said to have come from the search for the poet’s body. Over the years, the Dragon Boat Festival has spread throughout the world. In Japan and Vietnam, as well as South Korea, the festival has mixed together with, and become part of the local culture. With this in mind, some experts say that it is meaningless to argue (争论) about which country the festival belongs. “Everyone can say that it came from China,” said Long Haiqing, an expert from Hunan Province. “But if the whole nation can protect the culture heritage together, they will all benefit.” 48. Which of the following country is NOT mentioned about the Dragon Boat Festival spreading? A. Japan B. Vietnam C. South Korea D. the United States 49. From the passage, we can see Chinese people’s attitude (态度) toward the Dragon Boat Festival is that ______________. A. they do not like it B. they want to protect it because it is their cultural heritage C. it is a shame to protect it D. they won’t agree South Korea takes it as its own festival 50. Racing boats to celebrate the festival comes from the story that ___________. A. people searched for Qu Yuan’s body by boat B. people searched for Qu Yuan’s boat C. Qu Yuan enjoyed boating D. Qu Yuan liked building boats 51. What can we infer (推断) from the last two paragraphs? A. The festival is celebrated in the same way all over the world. B. It matters a lot whose cultural heritage the festival is. C. It is good for the Chinese people to protect the cultural heritage. D. South Korea does not recognize that the festival is from China. (E) One evening after dinner, Mr. and Mrs. William called a family meeting. “We’ve had to make a difficult decision.” Mr. William announced. “You see, your mother has been offered a post as co-director of a television in Chicago. Unluckily, the station is not here. After thinking long and hard about it, we’ve concluded (下结论) that the right decision is to move to Chicago.” Peter looked shocked, while his sister Amy breathlessly started asking when they’d be moving: “It’s surprising, but exciting!” she said. Peter simply said, “We can’t go — I can’t leave all my friends. I’d rather stay here and live with Tommy!” Mr. and Mrs. William hoped that by the time they moved in August, Peter would grow more accustomed (习惯) to the idea of leaving. However, he showed no signs of accepting the news, refusing to pack his belongings (物品). When the morning of the move arrived, Peter was nowhere to be found. His parents called Tommy’s house, but Tommy’s mother said she hadn’t seen Peter. Mrs. William became increasingly worried, while her husband felt angry with their son for behaving so irresponsibly (不负责任). What they didn’t know was that Peter had started walking over to Tommy’s house, with a faint idea of hiding in Tommy’s attic (阁楼) for a few days. But something happened on the way as Peter walked past all the familiar landscape of the neighborhood: the fence that he and his mother painted, the tree that he and his sister used to climb, the park where he and his father often took evening walks together. How much would these mean without his family, who make them special in the first place? Peter didn’t take the time to answer that question but instead hurried back to his house, wondering if there were any moving cartons (纸板箱) the right size to hold his record collection. 52. The conflict (分歧) in this story was caused by ________. A. Peter and Amy’s different tempers (脾气) B. a quarrel (争吵) between Tommy and Peter C. Peter’s disagreement with his parents about their move D. Mr. and Mrs. William’s words of Peter’s irresponsibility 53. Peter and Amy were both _________ after hearing the move. A. surprised B. angry and worried C. anxious for more details D. worried about packing 54. The reason for Peter’s going home was that _______. A. he did not want to be left behind B. he realized his family was essential (重要的) with him C. he hoped to reach an agreement with his parents D. He wished to be a more responsible person 55. What would more probably happen next? A. Peter would bring his records over to the Tommy’s house. B. Mr. and Mrs. William would call the police. C. Peter would join his family for house moving. D. Mr. and Mrs. William would start searching for Peter.</P>
<P>&nbsp;IV. 词汇运用(共10题,每题0.5分,共5分)根据句意或首字母提示,在下列各句横线上填上所缺的单词。</P>
<P>&nbsp;56. Teachers’ Day in China is in September while Thanksgiving Day in America is in _______. 57. The cup that I bought yesterday was b ____ by my little brother, so I have to get a new one. 58. It is well known that English is w___________ used all over the world. 59. When I met an old friend of mine in the street, I was so excited that I _____ his hands for a long time. 60. Peter, don’t eat u _________ food! It is bad for your health. 61. —I am so glad to have passed the driving test. — C__________ ! 62. —What makes you so happy, Tom? —Oh, I’ve got an __________ to Mary and Peter’s wedding (婚礼). 63. After b ________ deeply, he jumped into the river to save the drowning child. 64. The children are too young to dress t_________ , so the kindergartners have to help them. 65. When I decided to go back home, it got dark, and what was ________, it began to rain.</P>
<P>&nbsp;V. 对话填空(共10题,每题0.5分,共5分) 阅读下面对话,掌握其大意,并根据所给首字母的提示,在标有题号的右边横线上写出一个英语单词的完整、正确形式,使对话通顺。 M: Would you please tell me what you were doing when the accident happened and what you saw? W: Yes, I was (66) d home from work. It was about 5:15, and there was a blue car in front of me. We were both driving along Harbor Road (67) w a small white Ford suddenly shot out of the side road. It shot right in front of the blue car. The driver tried to stop, but it was impossible. He (68) r into the white Ford. M: What’s the (69) s of the car in front of you when the accident happened? W: You mean the blue car? Well, thirty miles an hour. Of course no (70) m than that. M: And the white Ford shot out without any warning (警告)? W: Yes, that’s right. M: How can you make (71) s that the blue car was only doing thirty? W: Because I was only doing thirty, and the blue car wasn’t going any (72) f than I was. M: Are you sure of that? Absolutely positive (肯定)? W: Yes, I (73) a . I’m positive. M: How can you be so positive? Were you looking at your speed-metre when the accident happened? W: Of course not. I was looking at the road ahead. That’s how I managed to see the accident. M: Well, if you were not looking at your speed-metre, how can you (74) p________ be sure how fast you were going? W: Because I never go faster than 30 on that road, or it’s  (75) a _ ____ law (66)__________ (67)__________ (68)__________ (69)__________ (70)__________ (71)__________ (72)__________ (73)__________ (74)__________ (75)__________</P>
<P>&nbsp;VI. 书面表达(本题共15分)</P>
<P>&nbsp;假如你是泰州市田家炳实验中学学生李东,最近参加了由江苏电视台举办的中学生英语演讲比赛并获奖,该台准备组织获奖者去青岛参加一次英语夏令营活动。现就有关事项征求你的意见。请根据下面所提供的信息用英语以书信形式给予答复。活动时间 7月10日—17日或8月10日—17日活动内容 看英语电影 表演英语短剧 教外宾学中文参加英语角 学唱英语歌曲 听英语讲座对活动内容的建议 请注意: 1.选择适合你的时间,并说明理由; 2.选择两项你喜欢的活动,并说明理由; 3.针对活动内容提出至少一个建议; 4.词数:80~100; 5.参考词汇 英语夏令营:the English Summer Camp 6.信的开头和结尾已给出。 Dear Sir or Madam, I’m very glad _______________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Thank you very much. Yours truly, Li Dong</P>
<P>&nbsp;练习答案: 1—5 DCDBC 6—10 DACAB 11—15 DCDDA 1. What’s 2. like 3. says 4.fines 5. so 6. at 7.rainy 8. bad 9. Sorry 10. shall 1. lives 2. feel 3. used 4. are 5. and 6. having 7. easily 8. have 9. as 10. parts 11. spend 12. third 13. don’t 14. or 15. cars 1—5 B C A D C 6—10 C C D B A 11—15 B C B D B 16—20 A B B A A 1.hundreds→hundred 2.little→less 3.America→American 4.some→any 5.grown→grow 6.rise→raise 7.feeding→feed 8.of去掉 9.much∧more 10.learned→learn</P>
<P>&nbsp;综合自我检测卷参考答案: 1-5 DACBD 6-10 BCADA 11-15 DBCBA 16-20 ABDCB 21-25 BBADC 26-30 CDABA 31-35 CAACB 36-39 DABC 40-43 CDBB 44-47 DADB 48-51 DBAC 52-55 CABC 56. November 57. broken 58. widely 59. shook 60. unhealthy 61. Congratulations 62. invitation 63. breathing 64. themselves 65. worse 66. driving 67. when 68. ran 69. speed 70. more 71. sure 72. faster 73. am 74. possibly 75. against One possible version: Dear Sir or Madame, ①I’m very glad to be invited to the English summer camp ②I prefer to go in July because I’ll have to prepare myself for the new school term in August. ③It seems all the activities you offer are attractive and meaningful. But I’d like to attend the English lectures, from which I can get more information on British and American culture. ④With the coming of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, more and more foreigners are eager to know about China. So I hope to teach foreigners Chinese and spread Chinese culture. ⑤It’s been a dream for me to visit Beijing. Could you organize a tour around the city during the camp? Thank you very much. Yours truly, Li Dong</P>

[ 本帖最后由 如风儿 于 2007-8-9 18:45 编辑 ]
最新评论 | 正序浏览
发表于 2007-1-16 22:39:47
我下了,谢谢!…
发表于 2007-4-6 20:16:39
编排也太乱了点吧?如果说整理下下就好了
发表于 2007-7-3 11:08:13
thanks!!!
发表于 2007-8-2 09:35:34
太谢谢你了
发表于 2007-8-7 21:19:55
排版~~~乱啊~